Ordered HTC Incredible online through Verizon Wireless, 3rd Party?!?!Support

Last Updated:

1. HTC?

HTC? Member This Topic's Starter

I ordered a HTC Incredible online through Verizon Wireless a couple of nights ago and didn't receive an order confirmation straight away, but the Customer Service Rep assured me that the order had definitely been placed and I'd receive the confirmation in the next 24-48hrs.

Well its past 48hrs and I still hadn't received one, so I rang up Verizon to see what the go is.

Apparently the order somehow went through to a 3rd Party, despite being on the Verizon site the whole time and there being no mention of the 3rd party company throughout the whole process.

Verizon have no history of the order and apparently all they are able to see is that its been placed with a 3rd party company and are waiting on information from them.

I was able to get in touch with one of the stores that trades under the 3rd party and they've never heard of anything like this happening before and also have no knowledge of my order and don't order online.

Has anyone come across this while ordering an Incredible? I'm really scratching my head as to what is going on.

Advertisement
  2. serpentine009

serpentine009 Well-Known Member

Did you go to VerizonWireless.com to make the purchase or did you respond to an email? Or a special offer of some kind?

3. HTC?

Definitely VerizonWireless.com

No email/special offers of any kind.

I'm 100% sure that it was the legit Verizon website, so I really have no idea what is going on.

4. seVer

seVer Well-Known Member

there is no way a vzw.com order would get processed through a 3rd party.

Also, you won't get an order confirmation until the order actually processes. And, like everybody knows, they are backordered for nearly 3 weeks.

5. HTC?

Shouldn't I be able to get an order number or some form of reference then if thats the case?

6. tssb111

tssb111 New Member

did you go through the shopping cart or did you use the live chat to purchase?

7. dsolis

dsolis Well-Known Member

Has the payment gone through? If so, see who charged your account...go from there.

8. HTC?

Nothing so far, but that was already one thing I checked.

9. seVer

seVer Well-Known Member

once the order posts, yes. Since you did it online, you should also get that confirmation email with the order #.

As reference for timing-- I ordered a replacement DInc on 05/19. Here it is now 05/28, and I have yet to receive confirmation.

HTC? likes this.
  10. kpantz

kpantz Well-Known Member

I didn't get an email confirmation either. However, if you printed your receipt, there's an order number on it. You can use that order number once you're logged into VZW's site and check your order status. Seeing that was definitely helpful for my peace of mind.

HTC? likes this.
  11. HTC?

Where can one print said receipt? There was no option for me to print a receipt as soon as I submitted my order.

12. HTC?

Shopping cart while on the phone with Verizon CSR

13. kpantz

kpantz Well-Known Member

Hmm...not sure whether you can do it after the fact. When I got to my order confirmation page, there was a "print" link that made it all printer-friendly. From there, I went to print and dumped it to a PDF file. That's pretty standard procedure for me whenever I order something online. I guess I'm just always on the lookout for the print functionality on order confirmation pages/receipts.

FWIW, the readout I get when I look up my order number is as follows:

Order Date: 05/24/2010
    Order Number: xxxxxxxxxx
    Order Status: Your order has been processed and will be shipped based on inventory availability and shipping method. You will receive shipment notification and tracking details via email.

All told, I will definitely say that post-order communication from VZW is lacking. I would have expected an email confirmation of my order, but didn't receive one.

14. HTC?

Well after I submitted the order, it went straight back to the homepage and didn't give me any hint as to whether it was successful.

I've spoken to 3 different people and had 3 different stories, the latest one being that the order was incomplete (no idea how that one happened as I went through all the motions), I wasn't billed and I can order again and it won't come through twice.

I'm going to try again tonight on the live chat and hope I get a better outcome. Where abouts on the VZW site do I go to order on live chat?

Cheers!

15. elborak

elborak Well-Known Member

Again very suspicious as to whether you were at the real VerizonWireless site. I have an order page in front of me from yesterday and there is a "Please print this page for your records" link right on the top.

Are you certain you don't have some browser hijack malware on your machine?

16. HTC?

I'm positive I was at the real VZW site, it had the copyright logo with 2010 Verizon Wireless at the bottom, and I don't have any browser hijack malware, I run all my Anti-Virus etc before I make any purchases.

As said I googled the name of the 3rd party and it came up next to the name of a Verizon Store who trade under that name, they don't even do online orders.

17. HTC?

All seems to be sorted now guys, I ordered the phone again tonight and was successful, no idea what happened the other night :S

Cheers for all the help!