• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Ordered/I've got my 2015 Moto 360 version 2!

I saw your (outatime's) mk2 watchface on facerepo...more than 50 downloads.

I also saw lando carlissian's watch, pretty authentic. I think I'll put a shortcut to the flashlight on my face like you did there...It could be handy. One day maybe I'll figure out how to get a pop open weather forecast like you did..pretty slick but a little complicated to create.

Last edited:
Reactions: Outatime
Upvote 0
I saw your (outatime's) mk2 watchface on facerepo...more than 50 downloads.

I also saw lando carlissian's watch, pretty authentic. I think I'll put a shortcut to the flashlight on my face like you did there...It could be handy. One day maybe I'll figure out how to get a pop open weather forecast like you did..pretty slick but a little complicated to create.

I downloaded the MK2 for mine as well. Couldn't resist. ;)

Upvote 0
Very cool I'm glad you like them! Send us a pic of yours shale. What color did you wind up getting?

Pete: pirate my script to make something your own. It's weird to get used to but not very hard.

Arm hair filters engaged. :D
I went stainless and coniac. I will get a stainless band and black leather as well. So I can coordinate. IMG_20151005_074221.jpg IMG_20151005_074226.jpg

Upvote 0
Looks good!!!

Could you link that face?

Here you are my good friend. I love this one, it's mostly my daily driver.

http://facerepo.com/app/faces/details/wilson-s-sw1-digital-14bfa282861

I'll tell ya. The new one is an incredible upgrade, not just in performance, but little things like the rounded bezel over the very angular one on the MK1. Love Love Love it.

Hey Outta, you've had it the longest, any chance you've looked at additional bands, to see if the market is any broader with the new lugs style bands? Still haven't seen a picture of yours (sadly) I wish I could see the pictures I'm missing here and the Moto X Pure board.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Sweet! Thanks for the link.

Yeah... like I said in my little review... I was expecting an incremental upgrade. This is a big improvement. I *really* like this watch.

I have a silver buckle type band from an aviation watch I have that's stainless steel and would probably be a good match. But the pins are like 1mm short even though the band itself looks like a good fit. I'm going to go to Target (I have no idea where to go honestly) at lunch and see if they sell watch pins. I'll keep you in the loop on what I wind up doing.

Not sure why the pics aren't showing. They're just links from my Google Drive.

Reactions: shalemail
Upvote 0
You think the MK1 Stainless band would work? .... I may have to check that tonight (if I get the time to update my N6 to marshmallow, and still have time after.) o_O

I'll answer my own question before Lunatic gets in here and makes me look silly again. ;)
No most likely not, though they look like the exact same band, and they probably are 99% identical, but the MK2 bands have the quick release and a straight bar attachment, not the curve required for the MK1.

I will say, after wearing it and admiring it for a day now, I have noticed a few things.
First, the design/style is unique. The bezel with it's high gloss looks to be quite modern and sophisticated. In contrast, the case itself with it's brushed steel look and somewhat industrial lugs looks to be .... well industrial, more utilitarian in feel than sophisticated.

Second, there's the band, which as I noted with my black leather band for the MK1 is nice, soft but not too soft. It has a sophisticated feel but not pretentious. It could easily be a band on a Tag Heuer or a Timex. It's a nice band but if I ruined accidentally I don't think it would break my heart. It seems nice but replaceable.

Third, this watch has more of a durable feel to it than the MK1. More substantial feeling yet not heavier or more bulky.

That's it for now.

Just discovered. When on the charger if you swipe the screen down from the top it will change colors. Very cool.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
I KNOW!!! I love that dock color thing. You can also change that from the Connect app. Red is good at preserving your night vision too.

Nice review Shale. I concur with all of your points. I think the MKI watch bands had that little cutout that would look weird on the MKII. Not deal breaking, but weird. I went to Target and Best Buy yesterday looking for watch band pins and neither of them had any. I might order a couple on Amazon because I think the stainless band I was telling you about might look good.

Upvote 0
I'll answer my own question before Lunatic gets in here and makes me look silly again. ;)

Aww, takes away all my fun. :( ;)

...but the MK2 bands have the quick release and a straight bar attachment, not the curve required for the MK1.

While I'm not a band-changer, I do like that they accommodated people who do change the bands frequently. The MK1 was a bear to swap.

Just discovered. When on the charger if you swipe the screen down from the top it will change colors. Very cool.

I think that was part of the last firmware update because my MK1 does that, too.

Upvote 0
Aww, takes away all my fun. :( ;)

While I'm not a band-changer, I do like that they accommodated people who do change the bands frequently. The MK1 was a bear to swap.

I think that was part of the last firmware update because my MK1 does that, too.

I actually tried it on my MK1 before I posted. Mine does not do it. Odd. I wouldn't have been so giddy to post had I known it was common knowledge. :oops:

Upvote 0
Thanks, I love it. I also got a black leather band. Very excited to be able to swap out whenever I want to. I may get a rubber/synthetic band as well, something I can wear when I work out and adventure in the surf and sand.
:D

Speaking of "exactly like the one I have" .... I'd still love to see what your's looks like. Any chance you could upload a picture here or link to photbucket or what not? I'd love to see it.

Upvote 0
Last edited:
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones