1. In regards to recently combined carrier specific root forums, if your device forum was affected, please see this poll/thread!

Ordered my DNAGeneral

1. CaseyKees

CaseyKees Well-Known Member

I ordered my DNA Thursday evening and it's scheduled to get here Tuesday. I considered cancelling the order yesterday morning, but the csr told me it was more than likely too late and to just refuse the shipment. I have been on the fence about it.

But this morning, the phone is not listed for sale on Big Red's website??? Does anyone know what gives? I am nervous now about keeping the phone.

Advertisement
  2. AntimonyER

AntimonyER AF Addict VIP Member

Wow, I don't know what's going on. EOL already? It is still listed on the Droid does website, which Verizon runs. Perhaps it's just a glitch?

Edit: on their community board someone said they talked to VZW customer service and they have retired it. Replacement must be closer to release than I thought.
  3. CaseyKees

Wow, now I'm at a loss. I am not a major techie, but I don't want to get stuck with a phone that loses support either. I think I will refuse the shipment and keep my rezound a little while longer. I was looking forward to this phone so i am disappointed.
  4. CaseyKees

I wonder if the fact that they were "out of stock" on them was a big sham? pretend they are out of stock for a few weeks, drum up interest, get people to buy what they have left, then EOL them.
  5. stkorn97

stkorn97 Well-Known Member

For me personally, its still the best phone out there for my tastes. Samsung phones do nothing for me, and I honestly dont like the HTC One as much looks wise.
    NightAngel79 and hub1 like this.
  6. hub1

hub1 Member

I've had mine for 4 days and love it. I doubt it is EOL yet, I heard they (Verizon & HTC) are fixing the sim card issue and they will return to stock soon according to someone on another website who was talking to a CSR from Verizon.
    Even if they do EOL it I'm glad I got mine before they did because it is still a top of the line phone that I'm hoping will still get the next few android updates, since the hardware is top notch.
    I'm not sorry I made my purchase :D
  7. AntimonyER

DL picked up the story, if you want to be even more confused. :p got quite a few different answers there.
  8. NightAngel79

NightAngel79 Bounty Hunter Administrator Moderator

Wow on this! Phone only been out 6 months. WAY too early for eol imo.
  9. AntimonyER

You know I had a thought, HTC announced they were having a hard time getting parts from suppliers, I wonder if the DNA is a casualty of that, especially if they are ramping up production of the DNA Plus.
    NightAngel79 likes this.
  10. jhawkkw

jhawkkw Chinchillin' Moderator

Wasn't the supply issue one of the reasons for delaying the release of the one as well? Could all be connected and would actually make sense.
  11. NightAngel79

NightAngel79 Bounty Hunter Administrator Moderator

Haven't been able to read much up on this. I have asked over at HTC Elevate (ran by HTC employees)

Anyho, best to keeop that discussion to its own thread: http://androidforums.com/htc-droid-dna/705174-droid-dna-disappears-verizon-site.html#post5690997