Ordered the revue

Last Updated:

1. mmarti16

mmarti16 Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

I ordered the logitech revue from dish for the $179, it was kind of a hassle cause they wouldn't sell it to me until I had a DVR that was compatible. That was free to me so no big deal but I had to wait for the technician to come out and complete the work order before I could call back. I have it ordered and should be here in about 4 days.

Advertisement
  2. PastorOfMuppets

PastorOfMuppets Member

Was it really free or did they put you in a contract? They required a 24 month contract when I asked about it.

3. mmarti16

mmarti16 Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

well you're right it was a new 24 month contract but i'm probably going to stick with them at this point i'm happy.

4. PastorOfMuppets

PastorOfMuppets Member

Yeah, I think for most people the contract thing is a non issue but I tend to switch providers more often than some. Uverse has just installed a vrad right behind my back gate so I can't be sure that i will stick with dish. I'm not sure why they will not give me the better dvr as I am returning it when and if I leave anyway. It just seems like a racket to me. The cable and sat providers saw cell phone providers doing contracts and jumped on the bandwagon. Cell providers have a reason to use contracts whereas cable/dish providers in my opinion do not. Its just a chance to lock you into a payment.

I should say tho, I am not trying to rain on your parade. It's awesome that you will have the full integration. I am a little jealous even....lol the contract thing is my hang up. I kicked a security company salesman out of my house because he was requiring a contract even though I was really interested in a security system. lol I'm a weirdo.

5. StrifeJester

StrifeJester Well-Known Member

You could always just spend $400 on the DVR online and own it. The revue at price if i remember right does not require a contract. Last night when i setup my Revue I couldn't use my DVR and gooletv at all without the integration which i thought they said you could the $4 was optional for added features. I have a friend who works for Dish Network i buy all of my receivers from him wholesale. When i ordered the Revue though since he couldn't get them yet they never said anything to me about a new contract for getting it at the subsidized cost. I am sure they are making a ton off of upgrades with it, or at least plan to.