Ordering from bestbuy but I'm not account owner but I am authorize user. Can I Order?General

Last Updated:

1. crspyjohn

crspyjohn Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

I was planning to walking into bestbuy on thursday and buying the phone but I am not the account owner on the account. However, I am listed as a authorized user on the account. Can I still walk in and buy and upgrade the phone? or do I need to the account owner to be there?

Advertisement
  2. rsjet

rsjet Well-Known Member

Yes you can. I just did this on the 19th. You will need to be an authorized user as well as the account password. If you don't know it, ask the main line holder for the account password. If you cant figure it out try the last 4 digits of the primary's social or phone number. Sometimes its that. Goodluck.

3. Aookay

Aookay Well-Known Member

As long as you know the last four of the social and the password, you're good. Usually they will check on the computer as well. If you didn't preorder I would definitly do that, I know our store has 10 on preorder and 15 in stock, so its getting close >.>

4. crspyjohn

crspyjohn Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

yes, I will be preordering tomorrow. my upgrade date isn't until 4/28 I wonder if I can still preorder? I also wonder if they will let me pick it up on the night of the 28th hehe

5. Stealth Droid

Stealth Droid Member

they'll probably let you pre-order, since you'll be getting the phone a day after it's time to renew. if not, try a different one.

6. Dustinmj

Dustinmj Member

My store didn't bother with my account for pre-order... just fill out form, pay $50, get copy and gift card, end of story. By the 29th you'll be good to go :)

7. TXSooner

TXSooner Well-Known Member

x2

8. BradF

BradF Active Member

All you have to do to pre-order is give them your name and $50, they do not check your account at all.