Ordering the Evo from Student Rate?

Last Updated:

1. FreshPrince

FreshPrince Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

I'm curious to exactly how smooth the process is. Do I have to order through Student Rate to get the student discount, or can I buy the phone at a Sprint store and explain to them that I have an account with Student Rate? I think the answer to this question is no, though that makes no sense as Student Rate is ran directly through Sprint's website. Just trying to get some confirmation.

I just find it completely ridiculous that the phone is unavailable online through Sprint considering the fact that this phone has been out since June.... I mean, my goodness. I've yet to see the Epic sold out on Sprint's website. Every time they get more Evos in, it seems as if the supply only lasts a few hours.

Advertisement
  2. Darkshear

Darkshear Active Member

StudentRate.com extended the offer through December because of the availability issues.

However, I didn't want to wait. I purchased through the Sprint Store. It makes you have to give up the waived activation fee, car charger, and statement credit, but all you have to do is go ahead and make the actual migration yourself. Log in to StudentRate and goto the promotion page. Click on the "Click for Link" graphic, and then click on the coupon code on the bottom left. It will take you to Sprint's site. Then click the "Get Discounts" link in the center at the bottom. Fill out the form, and you'll get it approved pretty quick.

I'm enjoying 15% :)

FreshPrince likes this.
  3. JBCB

JBCB Banned

I recently got these discounts and ordered the evo through studentrate.com. Here's a link to the sprint discount form. Once I filled out the form a rep contacted me right away. They ask some questions about the phone you want, plans, etc. I was on the phone for maybe 5 mins and then I got my phone the next day. I'd say it was a pretty smooth process.

Olizzz likes this.
  4. aaron3315

aaron3315 Well-Known Member

How much was it?

5. Xtina642

Xtina642 Banned

How much is this discount for??

6. Olizzz

Olizzz Banned

That seems like an awesome deal - I am also interested in knowing what the cost is and the discount amount :)

7. JBCB

JBCB Banned

Here is the pricing...
    HTC EVO - $299
    Sprint Mail-in Rebate - $(100.00)
    $50.00 Account Credit - $(50.00)
    StudentRate Rebate - $(25.00)
    Free Car Charger - $(35.00)
    STUDENTRATE PRICE - $89.00

Plus right now Sprint is having a special where when you transfer you're number to Sprint from a different carrier and you buy a smart phone, you get $125 Service Credit!!

So the phone is basically free.

Hope this helps!

Olizzz likes this.
  8. Olizzz

Olizzz Banned

That sounds like an amazing deal dude. I am switching over from AT&T cuz I can't hear shit on my phone right now and i m dropping calls all the time. So all I have to do is fill this out StudentRate Wireless Discounts Store > Sprint then someone will contact me to process my order? I assume i can ask them all the questions....

9. BenChase7

BenChase7 VIP Member VIP Member

No doubt its a good deal. I cant help ya with the StudentRate stuff but, when you get your phone and go to get the promotion Sprint is running, you only have 72 hours to take advantage of it after you port your number. So once you're up and running, don't wait around.

Here are the links to get the $125 Sprint credit.

www.sprint.com/switchtosprint

https://www.spcconsumer.com/

10. Xtina642

Xtina642 Banned

I didn't even know about that extra $125 credit... damn it is time i leave AT&T lol. and good point about the 72 hours, I'm gonna be so caught up playing with the phone I could totally have forgotten to call

11. JBCB

JBCB Banned

Yup, just go to that link and fill out the form then someone will contact you to put in the order.

12. JBCB

JBCB Banned

I'm pretty sure it doesn't expire till the end of the year but the extra $125 service credit special expires 4/16 so that's only a month away