• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Organising Pictures in my Gallery Galaxy S3

Hi All,

Wondering if anyone can point me in the right direction, I am new to the droid market coming from Iphone and I have transfered all my pics from the PC onto my Galaxy 3 but them seem to be all over the place. Is there anyway I can put them into folders like I had on my Iphone??

Thanks

Dean:thinking:

I had the same issue.

Easy fix.

All the iphone photos are named: IMG_ then a number
Samsung photos are named 2012_ then a number

I used a program called 'flash renamer' to rename all my photos transferred from iphone by changing anything starting with "IMG" to "2011" (as 2011 is a lower number than 2012)

Now i sort my pictures by 'name' on the galaxy in gallery (or quickpic which is better)

DONE!
all photos in order and samsung photos will be in order

Upvote 0
App draw among the apps, should be alphabetical order so scroll to M.

Just navigate to your ext sd card, and just find all your pictures and create folders to sort them into, just remember that confirmation buttons appear at the top of the screen :)

Is this similar to Astro manager? It will just move the pics and not duplicate them correct ?

Upvote 0
might be easier to plug the drive into your PC via usb cable access the phone as a drive and just drag and drop the files where you want. Same as XplosiV said your just doing it on the PC which is easier.

This answer should be posted on top just next to the Android logo.:D Sometimes you have things in front of you and just can't see them.
I've been looking for this answer for 3 days. Thanks samshedrat2010. Oh, and very sorry to the rest for crashing the post :eek:. Thanks again.

Upvote 0
Now i sort my pictures by 'name' on the galaxy in gallery (or quickpic which is better)

Can anyone instruct me (in words of one syllable) how to sort the gallery by name as fourther mentions? When I open the gallery app and the folder I want to reorganize, my only option is "group by," and there's no "by name" grouping option.

If I'm looking at the gallery folders screen, and I've selected the folder but haven't opened it, I have no sort or group options.

I've seen several people recommend quickpic, but I can't stand downloading apps to do things that can be done natively.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones