1. Introducing Channels - a new way to chat with other Android users!
    Dismiss Notice

organize app drawer

Last Updated:

1. danlaw777

danlaw777 Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

is there an app there will organize the app drawer on the moto droid? i looked but couldn't find 1. im looking for something so i can just choose games, tools, apps, etc.

any help would be appreciated!

thanks!

Advertisement
  2. negreenfield

negreenfield Well-Known Member

AppsOrganizer can put your apps into folders in a nicer way than standard folders (IMO) for putting them on your home screen, but I don't know of a way to do them in the actual app drawer. Only problem with AppsOrganizer is it is a bit laggy.

3. jwmacdon1231

jwmacdon1231 Well-Known Member

There's no way to organize the app drawer any other way. I wish there was too.

Sent from my Cliq XT using Tapatalk

4. lekky

lekky Lover VIP Member

I set aside one of my homescreens as my apps location. I dont use the apps drawer, hav had no need to.4

So using apps organizer i created:

• comics
    • directory
    • games
    • multimedia
    • news
    • office
    • pictures
    • shopping
    • social
    • system
    • tools

They sit on the page as folders, and give me quick access to all my apps. Also apps organizer lets you set custom folder icons, very cool.

5. KlaymenDK

KlaymenDK Well-Known Member

As an ex-PalmOS user, I too will have to give a +1 on the Apps Organiser suggestion. The configuration is quite nice, better than Categories in PalmOS. Since I installed that, I've not had reason to use the apps drawer even once. On the downside, it does take half a second longer this way.

Linky (AndroLib)

6. DarkTLRrider

DarkTLRrider Well-Known Member

You don't really even need an app. You can create a folder on a homescreen by long press on a blank section and choose folder then drag and drop the apps you want into it. As far as the app drawer none that I know of.

7. Szadzik

Szadzik Well-Known Member

Using folders is also much faster than Apps Organizer. There is not waiting for the folder to open. It has its downsides too, but what doesn't?

8. fekish

fekish Well-Known Member

I use the folders that comes with Android phone and it is as good as a personal computer! :) Let's say the application drawer should be that way , non-touchable , as it is the installed programs folder for your mobile...

They are promoting the Iphone OS 4 so much, and showing the use of folders in all you tube videos out there...
    Hello??? Its like someone saying "we invented the fire!!!" but in 2010....

9. lekky

lekky Lover VIP Member

You can, but apps organizer offers much more personalisation. Also if you have a 1GHZ processor phone the opening lag is no more, it opens instantly.

10. Spikelangelo

Spikelangelo Member

When using the folders option, is there a way to at least rename them to something other than "folder" or is bettercut the only way to do that?

11. (G)

(G) Well-Known Member

Once you create the folder, open it, then long press on "FOLDER" at the top of the screen and it will let you rename it.

oppendroid and Spikelangelo like this.
  12. coolex

coolex New Member

vLauncher is an iphone like app that you can make folders within and sort your apps anyway you want. Just like the screens on an Iphone. Its a bit slow when reading in the apps every time it starts :/

If you have a home replacement app lime e.g LauncherPro you can use the vLauncher as your default appdrawer andskip the built-in one.