Organize Applications Tab?Support

Last Updated:

1. Vistian

Vistian New Member This Topic's Starter

Hello all,

Phone - Motorola Droid
    OS - Android 2.0

My questions is: Is there a way to organize the applications on the Application Tab in Android? As I add more app, that area is a mess and I can't seem to be able to move icons around, as hold-clicking closes the Application Tab and brings a copy of the held icon to my desktop. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

- Vistian

Advertisement
  2. Watashi

Watashi Well-Known Member

The app tab is just an alphabetical list of the apps you've downloaded. The organization is meant to be done on your 3 desktops (more with certain apps). If you are constantly crawling around your app tab to find something, you should drag that stuff to your desktop and sort it however you like.

3. anaxolotl

anaxolotl Member

I set up a few folders on my home screen to remedy this problem. It's an extra click, but it's better than scrolling though 100s of apps. Also, by using folders, you save that precious space on your three homescreens (getting a variable number of homescreens has got to be an planned upgrade in 2.1 or so, right? this functionality has been on my linux box for the greater part of a decade.)

4. kabbie_mcfeely

kabbie_mcfeely Well-Known Member

To get more than 3 home screens, try a "home" replacement app such as ..

ahome
    panda home

5. RichardCranium

RichardCranium Member

Someone help a noob out. I can make a folder, and rename it....but how do I move the icons into the folders? I want to clear up the center desktop, and just put all my stuff on either left or right sides.

TIA :D

6. n9zez

n9zez Well-Known Member

Long press and drag them into the folder. Kinda like you would in windows.

7. RichardCranium

RichardCranium Member

Ok, thanks. Then to move the folders, long press and flick to the right or left to move to either desktop?

NM, answered my own question. Thanks. :)

8. katahdin

katahdin Well-Known Member

Did that work for you? I created folder on the right panel to see how it worked - added direct dials to it - now can seem to move it to the home panel. :( TIA

9. RichardCranium

RichardCranium Member

Just long press it......and move it as close as you can to the left edge, and your home screen will appear.

10. katahdin

katahdin Well-Known Member

Thanks - just needed patience, I guess !! Have moved icons/apps no problem but that folder just wouldn't move !! re-created in home panel - now I tried another folder and held it very very slowly at/over edge and it finally went !! LOL oh well 0 thanks