Organize Icons WITHIN a folder?

Last Updated:

1. PetiePal

PetiePal Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

So this may be a silly question. Folders are great for organizing like-apps, like Games, Utilities, chat etc. I know how to rename folders but is there any way to organize apps once they're IN a folder....or can you only do it by the order they were dropped in there??

Advertisement
  2. messenger13

messenger13 Well-Known Member

Can't you long-press the icon and drag them anywhere in the folder? Or, is that not the question?

3. Stolz25

Stolz25 Well-Known Member

When you longpress the icons the folder disappears and you see the homescreen again. I was wondering the same thing as the OP, though I doubt I'll use folders once 2.1 comes out.

4. PetiePal

PetiePal Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Stolz has it right. When you long press you get backed out and you only can redrop it to the folder. As it is in folders the first icons you drop in go left to right, top to bottom.

5. GirLuvsDroid

GirLuvsDroid Well-Known Member

If you use Apps Organizer (free app), then give the apps you want within the folder a label with the folder's name (for instance, for a Games folder, you'd give all of your games the "Games" label within Apps Organizer), at least the apps will be organized alphabetically. Apps Organizer also lets you customize the folder icon.