• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Organizing and managing Ringtones and Music?

zippy

Nov 17, 2009
Hi, I am new to the Sprint and the Moment scene and was wondering if someone could maybe explain how to organize my ringtones and music better than how it is done now. I can connect the phone to the pc just fine and mount/unmount and copy files and such. What is bothering me is how the songs list in the player and under ringtones, seems all list the same in both places, I made a playlist, but I don't want my songs listing as ringtones. Anyone know how to do this better? Also, how to make it read the song tags info as well.

My file structure now is listed below:

media >
Audio >
Alarms
Music
Ringers
Notifications

Also, has anyone found a way to turn off the signal <> no signal tones that play when in between coverages?

Thanks for any help

Found my answer, hope this helps others ....

Moment needs to be setup this way:

<root level of SDCard>
DCIM
media > ringtones
music
etc ....

*Add .mp3's to the "music" folder and the built in music player will only list these (not the ringers)

* Add your ringtones to the subfolder (you have to create this) "ringtones". These will immediately list for you under ringtones

I also think notifications & alarms folders can be created under media as well.

On another issue, looks like my battery benefits extremely well when Data Roam is disabled when in questionable coverage areas.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones