Organizing Contacts.Support

1. rcbrown23

rcbrown23 Member

Can someone walk me through the best way to organize my contacts. The dude at t-mobile imported all my contacts from my old sim card, but now when I search I come up with tons of duplicates, some "t-mobile" and some "phone".

I'm reading that people are recommending doing it through gmail, but I can't figure out how to get all my contacts from my phone to sync to my gmail account. I'll give it a go tomorrow and see if I can figure it out, just figured someone on here may be able to quickly help me out... instead of me walking around in the dark till I find it.

Cheers

-brown

Advertisement
    :
  2. rcbrown23

rcbrown23 Member

p.s. I'm on a mac if that makes a difference. Newest, baddest:cool:
  3. First of all as your using Android TMobile will store contact under your account so you can import contacts from SIM card to Phone and then disable SIM contact so you won't get duplicates. Now far as GMail contact goes you have to cross link it with that though sync. Gmail is little bit more annoying with name email.
  4. rcbrown23

rcbrown23 Member

Thanks. Yeah, I've got them into my phone, an disabled the viewing of the sim contacts, but when I actually SEARCH for a contact, they all show up again, including the duplicates on my sim. I may have to just manually do it all...
  5. LunchBB

LunchBB Well-Known Member

After you save contacts out of your sim, you can pretty much remove them from your sim card. It was the time using dumb phones storing contacts in Sim. Now with smart phones, you don't need to do that.

I use Gmail Contact to store all my contacts. I can access them online through gmail, and import and export from there. They are in the cloud and you can access them anywhere. Also switching phones or carriers, your contact will still be there.
  6. cigar3tte

cigar3tte Well-Known Member

Is this doable with stock ROM on the MyTouch 4G?
  7. LunchBB

Its doable in all android phones. :)
  8. Jay21fire

Jay21fire Active Member

You can go into contacts hit menu button then import/export n export contacts to sd card. Then import them back and select google n bam they on your gmail account
  9. LunchBB

Just tried it. It export to a VCF file that I can import to my Google account. Awesome!