• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Organizing Contacts.

rcbrown23

Jan 28, 2011
Can someone walk me through the best way to organize my contacts. The dude at t-mobile imported all my contacts from my old sim card, but now when I search I come up with tons of duplicates, some "t-mobile" and some "phone".

I'm reading that people are recommending doing it through gmail, but I can't figure out how to get all my contacts from my phone to sync to my gmail account. I'll give it a go tomorrow and see if I can figure it out, just figured someone on here may be able to quickly help me out... instead of me walking around in the dark till I find it.

Cheers

-brown

After you save contacts out of your sim, you can pretty much remove them from your sim card. It was the time using dumb phones storing contacts in Sim. Now with smart phones, you don't need to do that.

I use Gmail Contact to store all my contacts. I can access them online through gmail, and import and export from there. They are in the cloud and you can access them anywhere. Also switching phones or carriers, your contact will still be there.

Upvote 0
After you save contacts out of your sim, you can pretty much remove them from your sim card. It was the time using dumb phones storing contacts in Sim. Now with smart phones, you don't need to do that.

I use Gmail Contact to store all my contacts. I can access them online through gmail, and import and export from there. They are in the cloud and you can access them anywhere. Also switching phones or carriers, your contact will still be there.

Is this doable with stock ROM on the MyTouch 4G?

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones