Organizing Media? (mp3's)

Last Updated:

1. lamplighter

lamplighter New Member This Topic's Starter

Hello everyone. This is my first post here on phandroid.

I have had my Droid X for a couple of months now, and it's already been through quite a bit. I had actually accidentally dropped it in water a while ago, and watched the battery cover fly off while it was submerged. I had pulled it out in approximately 1 second, turned it off, and placed it in a pot of rice for about 2 days, and now it seems to be working as normal.

I experience a few bugs with it, which existed before the water incident. Specifically, it freezes up every now and then. Not enough to get me extremely frustrated, but it mildly irritates me. This seems to happen when I attempt to access the more demanding features of the phone like the music (from the SDCard) and the camera. This is only remedied by removing/reinserting the battery.

But more importantly, I would like to know how to categorize my music. The Android 2.2. Froyo update has screwed this up in a sense, as it has placed all my mp3's that lacked album info in their own "sdcard" category/album. Does anyone know how to remedy this? Or can provide a link to a guide on organizing mp3's on Droids, or any specific software that can make this process easier?

Thanks, LL

Advertisement
  2. sitlet

sitlet Banned

correct your mp3's id3 tags and this wont happen.

If you hadn't dropped your phone in water, you could take it in for warranty repair. But since you voided your warranty, theres nothing you can do about this anymore.

lamplighter likes this.
  3. NZtechfreak

NZtechfreak Well-Known Member

I use mp3tag to tag my collection, it has worked perfectly with all my device so far. Mediamonkey is another one that comes highly recommended by many, I tried it once and had trouble with its album art not showing.

Its well worth tagging your collection properly, although a daunting task initially if you've amassed a large collection and never bothered to tag properly as you went along (like me, tagging 20GB of music wasn't that much fun, but the next 4GB has been fine as I've tagged properly as I've ripped my CDs). A properly tagged collection means never getting locked into relying on a single piece of softare to have your collection registered properly on new devices.

lamplighter likes this.
  4. lamplighter

lamplighter New Member This Topic's Starter

Thanks guys. Yeah the water incident was a huge blower.
    And mp3 tag looks like a great tool...haven't installed it yet, but I can tell that it will make the task of organizing music a lot easier than if i were to have to research each track manually one by one and input data..