Organizing Music on ErisGeneral

Last Updated:

1. Rossco_Pee

Rossco_Pee Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

I was just wondering how y'all organize your music on the Eris. I have been just clicking and dragging from the computer to the SD card in a folder created "music." I would like to group all my songs into genres (blues, rock, etc.). The only way I've been able to do this is by adding songs to a playlist on the phone, which is way to time consuming. I have yet to sync my desktop w/ my computer. Would this make organizing any easier? Thanks.

Advertisement
  2. Rossco_Pee

Rossco_Pee Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Bump.

3. thetomlin2

thetomlin2 Guest

I listen to music on my iPod and dont like draining the battery of my phone for music.

4. OfTheDamned

OfTheDamned The Friendly Undead VIP Member

I just drag and drop my music in folders onto the SD card. Some people use a program called Double Twist to sync. I use an app called Album Art Grabber to add it to the songs.

I'm not sure what you mean by organizing by genre. You can open the default music app and hit the button with the little lines (bottom left) to sort through your music in different ways. The icons at the bottom will sort in different ways. Genre is the fifth from the left and looks like a little stack of CDs. It should list the number of genres that you have at the top. If you do not have any genres set up in your mp3s then none will show up here or if they are all mislabeled then they will show up her incorrectly. If you need to change this on the files themselves then you may want to look at a program for your computer called Media Monkey. It is free and can add album art as well as adjust/change the mp3 tags.

Rossco_Pee likes this.