• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

orientation is very slow

rieltime

Nov 13, 2009
Hi all, the orientation feature on my Droid Eris is painfully slow going back and forth from landscape to portrait. Sometimes I have to gently knock on my desk for it to respond and that does not work all the time. Is there anything that I can do to rectify this?

two things to try. Menu>settings>sound and display> scroll down to animations. It gives you the option to have some, all, or none. I select none. Also if you dl spare parts you can open it and scroll down to the general section. all sorts of animation options there. I turn them all off. It will speed things up a bit.

Upvote 0
I'm running 1.5 and when I Menu>settings>sound and display> scroll down to animations I only have the option to enable or disable animations. Not sure what you are referring too with "dl spare parts you can open it and scroll down to the general section. all sorts of animation options there."

I have calibrated the G-sensor numerous times to no avail.

Do you think if I download the 2.1 would help?

Upvote 0
yeah that's one of the annoying things about the eris is the delay/lag it takes to go from orientation to orientation

I've noticed that it's quicker to go from landscape to potrait
but a little slower to go potrait to landscape

Why idk...

I am on 2.1 leak one...it seems faster kind of
but perhaps you should try 2.1 leak 2
if you decide to go to 2.1 or do the root version

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones