orientation lag in 2.2Support

Last Updated:

1. Adamx

Adamx Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

seems that changing from portrait to landscape and back is a LOT slower since I upgraded to 2.2. Is no one else seeing this? There's like a 2 second delay and it used to be less than 1 second.

Advertisement
  2. andydg

andydg Member

I'm seeing delays on everything. Lag when I type, lag opening things, etc. etc.

Sure am glad Verizon delayed the release to iron out all the bugs...

3. buffettgirl

buffettgirl Well-Known Member

I"m finding that my orientation gets stuck a lot - or will flip over to the wrong orientation a lot. All new since 2.2

4. Ecks

Ecks Well-Known Member

Yes, thank you for the thread. I get delays on both phone orientation and when opening or typing into sms apps. I never had this issue with 2.1

Using Handcent and Launcher Pro with both versions.

Today is the first time i've seriously considered rooting to have froyo without the headaches.

edit: Thought I should mention that I did a FACTORY RESET right after the OTA update. This seems to be everyone's answer to 2.2 issues. Time to think harder about 2.2 issues.

5. smile44

smile44 Well-Known Member

Thanks for mentioning this. I'm having trouble with the screen orientation as well (no lag, just switching to horizontal when it should be vertical). It's the only thing about 2.2 that annoys me enough to consider a factory reset. Everything else seems to be working as it should (crosses fingers). But after hearing a factory reset didn't fix your problem, it isn't worth it to me to try it for just this one issue.