original droid on metro pcs

1. ajw1275

ajw1275 New Member

is it possible to use a verizon droid on metro psc

Advertisement
  2. vey

vey Well-Known Member

You should check with a MetroPCS dealer to see if they can flash it for you. I have heard some will.
  3. hvrc

hvrc Well-Known Member

dude, metro is a rip for flashing or rooting anything. search youtube for instructions, its a lengthy process and you need 3-4 programs to fully flash. or you can cough up the 100+ that they charge (out here at least)
  4. ajw1275

ajw1275 New Member

how do I flash my droid a855 to metro with everything working
  5. teddyearp

teddyearp A guide with guides Guide

+1 ^^^ this. When Metro PCS says they will 'flash' your phone for you to their firmware for $$$ all they really do is add your ESN/MEID to their system which will usually only give you phone calls and (if you're lucky) SMS.

And I realize that this thread is ancient, but I'm still going to move and merge it with your other question and then give what I know about how to really do it.
    johnlgalt likes this.
  6. teddyearp

johnlgalt likes this.
  7. EManU3LXX

EManU3LXX Well-Known Member

Thanks for resurrecting this thread.. helps out alot.. I see alot more people are using this phone than before :p Including me :)
  8. skrapmetal

skrapmetal Well-Known Member

I have my droid flashed to metro. Doesn't work in my area due to the towers here but in a big city it works great. Phone works, sms, No MMS though. Internet is fast on 1x because the bandwidth is not limited by metro since it isn't a phone originally on their network. I paid $40 a few years ago to have it flashed. I remember the guy who flashed it used a program called Houdini.
  9. EManU3LXX

EManU3LXX Well-Known Member

Do you pay for like the 40 plan ?
  10. teddyearp

While I don't know anymore about the houdini software than what I can read on the website, if MMS doesn't work then your phone isn't fully flashed to Metro AFAIK. But hey enough other things work to really make it not that big a deal, I guess.
  11. skrapmetal

skrapmetal Well-Known Member

Yes, $40.

and he was going to fix mms, but i decided to just go with another phone.