Original Froyo Leak to OTA Question

Last Updated:

1. nerdstaz

nerdstaz Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Is it really worth me going to the OTA release? Is the only way for me to do this to install and reroot, or is there a simple method for doing it without losing root?

I read a lot of threads, but they seem to be full with drama :D

Thanks in advance

Advertisement
  2. wheelna

wheelna Well-Known Member

I wouldn't do it without a full 2.2 sbf leaked first. Can't flash back to stock without it should you goof something up. TBH's 2.3.15 works great (for me). The bootloader is updated with the OTA which keeps the original sbf from working and in fact bricks the phone. I think the only difference between TBH's 2.3.15 and OTA is the updated radio (?), and being able to flash back to stock is worth more to me than the updated radio. (works fine the way it is)

3. someotherguy

someotherguy Well-Known Member

Basically if you go the 2.1 to leaked 2.2 then to TBH 2.3.15 you can always get to the official OTA version.

The leaked 2.3.15 is the same as the OTA 2.3.15 besides an updated bootloader (bad) and a new radio (who knows).

If you go to OTA version you are stuck with 2.2 with no way at the moment to get to 2.1 and your bootloader may cause you problems later down the road especially with some of the stuff p3droid, cvpcs, nenolod and _mrbirdman_ are working on. Until they say it is ok to go to the OTA with the new bootloader I wouldn't even contemplate it.