• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Original Kindle Fire charging issues?

gtbarry

Android Expert
Jul 15, 2012
California
Anyone have issues with their original kindle fire doing either of the following:

- Not starting to charge when plugged in for about 5 seconds or more
- Not charging at all (this is in a charger that it rarely will charge from. this exact same charger will immediately start charging either of my two phones that I plug into it without fail.)

Thanks!

Anyone have issues with their original kindle fire doing either of the following:

- Not starting to charge when plugged in for about 5 seconds or more
- Not charging at all (this is in a charger that it rarely will charge from. this exact same charger will immediately start charging either of my two phones that I plug into it without fail.)

Thanks!

Does it react the same way when attempting to charge via a powered USB port?

Upvote 0
Does it react the same way when attempting to charge via a powered USB port?

I have another wall port (adapter to USB cord) and when I plug it into my computer that begin charging the kindle within 5-seconds of being plugged in.

This one plug in question charges the kindle rarely but will charge my two phones immediately upon them being plugged in. Given that the phones work immediately, I find this odd behavior in the kindle.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones