Original Xbox network xboxlive help plz

Last Updated:

1. 350X

350X Well-Known Member

Thanks to all who helped in this thread

But now Im messing with an original xbox on a older windows 2000 PC.

Ok the PC gets its internet via a USB wireless dongle.

I have the network card in the PC hooked to a network hub,
    and the network hub connected to the original xbox.

The xbox says the cable is connected, the hub says the same thing, all green lights.

But when it tries to auto detect / config the check box by the the IP is a red x as if it failed to get the IP, but the warning message on screen says can't get DNS settings.

and everything online and even on the xbox site is about the 360

can the original xbox's still use xbox live???

2. 350X

350X Well-Known Member

I do have these directions, problem is when I try to enable internet connect sharing I get a netword card isn't plugged in error for the wireless wifi dongle, like it can't or don't know how to decect its there to turn it on for that.

"3. Internet Connection Sharing

Connection check list:

An Xbox
    Broadband modem
    A standard Ethernet cable with RJ-45 connectors
    A cross-over Ethernet cable with RJ-45 connectors
    2 spare Ethernet ports on your PC (you may need to install additional Network Interface Card/s (NIC) If you have a USB modem you will only need 1 Ethernet port
    A PC running Windows 98S, Me, 2000 Professional or XP

Turn off your hardware (Xbox, broadband modem and PC).
    If you are using an external USB modem make sure this is connected to your computer.
    Connect the crossover Ethernet cable to a spare Ethernet port on your PC and the Ethernet port on the back of your Xbox.
    Turn on your broadband modem and PC.
    Setup Internet Connection Sharing in Windows to share your Internet connection with your Xbox. See Windows help section for more support.
    Once Internet Connection Sharing is set up, check your PC can connect to the Internet.
    Turn on your Xbox. Make sure there isn't a disk in the disk tray.
    Choose Xbox Live from the Xbox Dashboard.

Please note: if using Internet Connection Sharing you will need to have your PC switched on and connected to the Internet to play Xbox Live."
  3. palmtree5

palmtree5 Sunny Vacation Supporter! Moderator

4. 350X

350X Well-Known Member

can't thank you for that ;)