OS Update " Are We Getting It? "General

Last Updated:

1. Crash27

Crash27 Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Has anyone heard for sure whether or not the Xperia X10 is going to be getting the update to 2.1 in September? I have read several different posts and web posts saying different things. As a former LG Eve user I know how much we had to go through to try to get and update and it is still not out. I am happy with 1.6 but again this is a brand new phone you think they would put the newest OS on it. So if anyone knows for sure please let me know

Advertisement
  2. Smg

Smg Well-Known Member

The Phone will be getting a update but when or what update it will be whether its 2.1 or even straight to 2.2 well theres been No Official Announcment so everything on the internet at the moment is nothing but speculation.

3. kdm

kdm New Member

4. Smg

Smg Well-Known Member

Thanks for the link, good news :) although I was hoping before september ah well just give me some live wallpapers and google earth and I'm happy lol

5. saltorio

saltorio Well-Known Member

Actually SE hasn't said September. "September" came from Engadget's trusted source earlier this week who also said that the X10 would get multi-touch (which it won't, because as SE had already stated, the X10 lacks the hardware to do so).

Harold de Kort, Communications Manager at Sony Ericsson talked to Mobile Phone Helpdesk earlier this week, and stated that SE would be releasing a "big update in the second half of 2010" (somewhere between July and the end of December). He wasn't any more specific than that.

More here...