Last Updated:

1. motionxxusxx

motionxxusxx Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Advertisement
  2. aleis

aleis Well-Known Member

3. Ataranine

Ataranine Well-Known Member

Saw that coming. The December update will certainly hold me over, depending on just how far into "Q1" we're talking about. . Better be January..

4. Mike Anthony

Mike Anthony Well-Known Member

hello, this seems the place to post this....

I got off the phone with Verizon this morning because I was calling about the free phone offer. Well, I had some other questions and one of them was about this Dec. 11 update that is circulating around the web.

The rep told me that another customer had asked her the same thing recently and told her about this document that is online that shows some issues and that they will be fixed. She told me that Verizon has no such document and that no one there had been officially told about ANY kind of updates coming in december. It dosnt mean the rumor is false, but she or no one in that office had been notified by Verizon that there is an update coming for the droid eris. She told me that she knows about this document on the web but it is not official and did not come from Verizon.

It made me think....I am very excited about an update, but she said it was not confirmed. This was as of today, December 4, 09. About 10:30 am, est.

Someone else wanna call and confirm?

5. BiGMERF

BiGMERF Well-Known Member

bit vague, but still good news for eris owners

6. L0stS0ul

L0stS0ul Well-Known Member

After seeing where the HTC Hero 2.1 update is at right now it's obvious that Sense is not quite ready on 2.1 yet so I figured it would be sometime next year before we get the update.

7. Needsdecaf

Needsdecaf Well-Known Member

Tech is wrong.

Online Tech support and in-store tech support at a "Verizon Experience" confirmed update on 12/11. I don't think that they would have put a note in my system that my 30 day trial is extended past the 12/11 upgrade if there was no upgrade. ;)

8. tats_06

tats_06 Well-Known Member

Usually VZW reps don't have a clue about os updates until the day before or day of. I would take any of their info with grain of salt. :)

9. Mike Anthony

Mike Anthony Well-Known Member

Cool, thanks guys. Like I said, dosn't mean the rumor is false, just that she had no idea about it. Actually she was like, "somebody could have typed it up themselves for all I know."

Lol.....anyway, im excited for the 11th!

10. newphonejunkie

newphonejunkie Member

I must have spoke to the same rep as Mike because when I called today she said no updates were confirmed.

11. tispectrum

tispectrum Well-Known Member

12. L0stS0ul

L0stS0ul Well-Known Member

I just got back from my local verizon store. Had to get my Eris replaced. turns out the GPS and compass were bad in mine. Anyway while I was there I asked about the DEC 11 update and the 2.0 upgrade and the store manager said he had not heard anything about either.

13. Chopstick2U

Chopstick2U Well-Known Member

This was the first I heard of the update: HTC (htc) on Twitter

I think that counts as official?

PS: Hello I'm new!