OT: full page blackberry ad in WSJ 2/19/2010General

Last Updated:

1. droid-dohrk

droid-dohrk Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Dec 17, 2009
    It looks like BlackBerry is trying to cash in on the "battery controversy".
    Full page ad shows a BlackBerry Bold 9700, says:

Imagine falling in
    love with a battery.

When you have emails to send, calls to make, sites to surf and songs to
    get stuck in your head, the life of your battery shouldn't get in the way
    of your life. That's why we designed our new BlackBerry Bold 9700
    smartphone to be more battery power efficient. 'How efficient' you ask?
    Well, let's just say you'll never have to second-guess leaving your Wi-Fi,
    Bluetooth and 3G on. Or, if you want to play 'Imma Be' from the Black
    Eyed Peas on repeat for up to 38 hours straight, go ahead. Whether
    that's a good idea or not is up to you.

I almost had tea come out my nose I was laughing so hard while eating lunch. It mentioned everything that so many people have complained about on the Eris. hahah I'm still laughing. Yes, I still have my Eris, and it seems fine to me, but I don't play with it much now that I've had it a month, so the battery lasts a couple days idle for me. :)

2. Lucidot

Lucidot Well-Known Member

Feb 8, 2010
    Can't say that it's a bad advertisement. That does seem to be the main complaint with the Droid.

I find it truly odd that a phone company would release a phone with such bad battery life. If you are a moderate to heavy user then the battery life truly sucks.

Please don't bombard this thread with "You need to turn off this and that and this and those and the other thing too" bullshit please.

I bought a phone to be a smart phone that works like a smart phone 100% of the time. I didn't buy a smart phone to make it stupid to save the battery.

I have a charger at home, work and my car just so I have a good battery. I'm not saying I care to keep charging it, on the contrary. I don't mind doing it because I like the phone enough to put up with it.
  3. gruss

gruss Well-Known Member

Feb 16, 2010
    Thats funny!! Seriously though the battery on my Storm was abysmal the first week I had it, had to plug it in constantly. It still with moderate use is sitting about 20% by the time I go to bed, if the eris can match that i'm ok, because I had to turn off wifi and gps to make it last that long! still funny though!