OT question regarding 2.2 FroyoSupport

Last Updated:

1. TokedUp

TokedUp Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Does the Evo come with 2.2 installed already? I was thinking that if the Evo comes with 2.1 and 2.2 is an OTA update maybe us fellow DInc users will get it the same day as the Evo, maybe on June 5th the release day for the Evo. HTC and Google have listed the Evo and DInc many times together as the first phones to get it. The only problem we may have is the difference in carriers. I really hope its sooner than later for this update. I wanna watch World Cup off my Slingbox on my DINC.

Advertisement
  2. jayjay1122

jayjay1122 Well-Known Member

Good question, but according to all the articles out there (probably the one you are referring to also) the Incredible and the Evo are slated for the second half of 2010.

My guess (purely a guess) would be that the Evo will ship with 2.1.

3. tau_

tau_ New Member

The Evos which were given out at Google I/O have 2.1 installed, so I would suppose that it will still have 2.1 at launch.

4. TokedUp

TokedUp Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

I found an article about Slingbox app for Android, and it says the app should be available early next month. Since Slingbox player requires flash it is certain that the 2.2 update will be available before the app is released. I think we will definitely get 2.2 Froyo this month (June)!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Joy!

SlingPlayer on HTC EVO 4G Demoed with a Punch!

5. Bek

Bek Well-Known Member

Froyo hasn't even been released for the Nexus One, so no, the Evo will not have it for the immediate future.

6. jayjay1122

jayjay1122 Well-Known Member

7. dvrdwn

dvrdwn Well-Known Member

I googled android 2.2 release date and read that there was a "port?" open to download 2.2 now. I read that today and the post was about an hour old.

8. dvrdwn

dvrdwn Well-Known Member