OTA 2.1 Failed

Last Updated:

1. botts121

botts121 Member This Topic's Starter

Hello,

I have my phone rooted and have unofficial 2.1 installed on it. This morning I got an OTA update for the official 2.1. When I went to run it, it said update/installation aborted.

Can anyone help me with I need to do in order to get the official 2.1 installed on my Droid?

Thanks in advance,

Matt

Advertisement
  2. jacwashere7

jacwashere7 Well-Known Member

have you seen all these horrible posts about the official 2.1 , i would wait for awhile before you do that. this update is causing people alot of problems. your current rom is probably more stable than the real 2.1 right now

3. CRPercodani

CRPercodani OFWGKTA VIP Member

You don't want to install the OTA over a 2.1 ROM anyway, it will screw everything up in a bad way. What you need to do is flash back to 2.0.1 with a SBF or unroot your phone and use a stock nandroid backup.

4. botts121

Well actually thats what I was just doing...lol. After I made my post, I went and was reading some of the other postings and yea it doesn't sound too good yet. You know you would think that they would try to get everything almost top notch before they would release an update.

5. CRPercodani

Well if you are bone stock and never rooted then the update would most likely be fine but once you have messed around with root and low level settings your likely to run into a few hiccups. VZW/Motorola has no way of making a update compatible with all the stuff we do to our Droid's when they are rooted.

6. botts121

yea this is true...i didn't really think of it that way

7. botts121

i just figured out that my device isn't rooted...i downloaded the terminal program and then typed su and hit enter...it said permission denied...so this means my phone isn't rooted right?

8. CRPercodani

basically yes. but what does it say when you goto menu>about phone? if it already says 2.1 you must be on a non rooted 2.1 rom.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

9. botts121

yea i have 2.1. and i guess non-rooted rom...so basically i could go back to my 2.0.1 and then do the OTA update to verizon's 2.1. But i might just let it go for now cuz i guess verizon's 2.1 is buggy yet or so i have heard.

10. dougwilson2000

dougwilson2000 Well-Known Member

My update 2.1 works great. Never been rooted.