Ota 2.2.2 frg83g

Last Updated:

1. batman25

batman25 Well-Known Member

Just got this. Updating now. anyone know what it is about? Or am I behind the times.

2. Rusty

Rusty Well-Known Member

Its new, grab the URL from logcat.
  3. razvan06

razvan06 Well-Known Member

any details ,what's new about 2.2.2 ? [looks ,feels...]
  4. Rusty

Rusty Well-Known Member

Minor update, will be just security or something, maybe the SMS fix?
  5. razvan06

hm... lame then ... about that sms bug ... whats the deal with it ? i hear everyone talking abut it ,but i can't seem to find it :))
  6. Rusty

Rusty Well-Known Member

Its nothing that's happened to me, but basically it involves your message going to the wrong person somehow.
  7. razvan06

strange, i text about 2000 a month and never had that problem
  8. BreatheElectro

BreatheElectro Well-Known Member

I just got that update now!! Im gettin them fast now when Google releasing stuff.

I never had that sms bug though. It always went to the person I sent them too.

DAmn I was really hoping this was Gingerbread damn it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  9. russe||

russe|| Member

10. NunyaBidnez

NunyaBidnez Well-Known Member

FRG83D has made my phone lag a little. Hopefully this new update will fix that issue.
  11. batman25

batman25 Well-Known Member

I want gingerbread!!!!
  12. dougdroid

dougdroid Active Member

I just installed 2.2.2 and my USB mount/unmount notifications are gone. I'm looking around now to see how to get this back so I can get access to my SD card on the Linux box.

UPDATE: never mind, the update with the N1 plugged in must have screwed up the systems USB hotplug system. I plugged in a USB mouse and when that wouldn't work I figured something was wrong. A reboot and all is good again.
  13. s.m.knipe

s.m.knipe Well-Known Member

Has anyone noticed bugginess in wifi since the 2.2.2 update? My wifi seems hit-ro-miss now and rebooting doesn't help...
  14. theartfullodger

theartfullodger Well-Known Member

15. dougdroid

dougdroid Active Member

using wifi only here and haven't noticed any problems with wifi w/2.2.2 yet.
  16. Dolmangar

Dolmangar Well-Known Member

I've actually got the MAC with "00" WIFI problem, and this update didn't change anything. WIFI works fine in general, but drops off if left alone and has to be refreshed by toggling Off/On. I was actually hoping this update would solve this.

Has anyone figured out a solution? It's not that big a deal since I've got good 3G service and don't do anything that requires a ton of speed but I'd like it to work the way it's supposed to.

17. hero1908

hero1908 Member

Anyone in UK have this update? I haven't got it yet. Should it appear as a notification or should I be checking the update in settings?
  18. chistery

chistery Well-Known Member

Not yet, and I had mine shipped from the US, direct from Google. I do wonder why it always takes so long to send these to the relatively small user base. I understand they may want to see if it has any adverse effects, but the fruit based company release their upgrades to everyone on the same day and cope ok.

Update - It just arrived. I was just sending a text and it popped up.
  19. BrwnEydGirl

BrwnEydGirl Active Member

I received an OTA System Update notification from Google. It stated it was issued to fix "minor bugs". After updating, my Android Version is still reading 2.2.1 and the Build Number is still reading FRG83D. It appears nothing has changed.
  20. Rusty

Rusty Well-Known Member

Thats because nothing has changed. Try again.
  21. NunyaBidnez

NunyaBidnez Well-Known Member

I downloaded an app called Blade Wifi Fix. It doesn't stop the wifi from disconnecting in sleep mode, rather it toggles the wifi on and off automatically when it senses that it's be disconnected. It's not exactly the solution I was looking for but it's a helpful alternative.
  22. lunatic59

lunatic59 Moderati ergo sum Moderator

Same here ... stock N1 on AT&T.
  23. lunatic59

lunatic59 Moderati ergo sum Moderator

About Phone says it's up to date and *#*#checkin#*#* doesn't find any update, even after the reboot.
  24. Rusty

Rusty Well-Known Member

That's because neither of those things actually checks for an update... you'll have to wait your turn again or do it manually.
  25. Hook

Hook Ever since DU... ;-) VIP Member

Got mine today and it updated fine. Stock N1 on AT&T.