Ota 2.2.2 frg83g

Last Updated: 2011-02-05 16:46:48
  1. supercopter

supercopter Member

Hi,
    Does anyone knows if this update has any effect on Rooted phones ?

I have a stock but rooted FRG83D and my N1 has already downloaded the OTA...
    For now I'm refusing it, as most OTAs Un-root rooted phones.

Can such a small (~500kb) update unroot a rooted phone ?
    I prefer to be on the safe side and wait untill I know...

Advertisement
  2. guiacues

guiacues New Member

i have a problem with 2.2.2.. i cannot connect to 3G since i got t. 2G only.. wtf!!?? im seriously gonna give it a couple of days before hard reset
  3. ghost03

ghost03 Member

Got mine today with problems. Unrooted N1 on AT&T.
  4. BrwnEydGirl

BrwnEydGirl Active Member

Perhaps we're lucky for not having a successful update. It seems to have created even more "bugs" rather than actually fixing them.
  5. CirkDroid

CirkDroid Well-Known Member

Stock Rom ATT Nexus1. Although my bootloader is unlocked, I went back to the stock rom.

The system update popped for me today and it installed without a hitch, just like the 2.2 did.

I checked the menu because others said they were not getting it updated, mine's 2.2.2.

But, you shouldn't care. From what I read 2.2.2 is just a fix to incorrectly sending text messages to the wrong person. It never happened to me personally.

2.2.2 doesn't do anything for you, so you can effectively not care about it.
    ericshmerick likes this.
  6. jcmtyler

jcmtyler Well-Known Member

I also received the update today, but after a reboot the version is still 2.2.1 and when I manually check for updates it tells me I'm up to date. Don't recall ever experiencing the SMS bug. Stock N1 unrooted on T-Mobile in Houston.
  7. Rusty

Rusty Well-Known Member

Yes, you will always lose root with an OTA update. You can still get it back with SuperOneClick though.
  8. theartfullodger

theartfullodger Well-Known Member

Got my update last nite.. Updated fine (unrooted). No apparent probs with either wifi or 3G...

Reports itself as 2.2.2, baseband 32.41.00.32U_5.08.00.04 - I failed to check what 2.2.1 was first -- anyone know what 2.2.1 baseband was & what the differences are??
  9. Rusty

Rusty Well-Known Member

Neither 2.2.1 or 2.2.2 updates included a radio, so it's unchanged.
  10. Dolmangar

Dolmangar Well-Known Member

Thanks, I'll give it a shot.
  11. Soupdragon

Soupdragon Well-Known Member

Hmm, mine is just stock (was on 2.2.1, no idea about baseband) - ota update arrived yesterday afternoon and installed with no hiccups.
    But, it's now listed as 2.2.2, baseband 32.36.00.28U_4.06.0012_7 , kernal version 2.6.32.9-272.40-gbca5320, FRG83G.

Is this as it should be? Why is Artful's radio different? Have I missed something along the way?
    Cheers Guys, apologies if they are stupid questions :eek:
  12. phlojo

phlojo Well-Known Member

I got mine last night; installed flawlessly.
    (stock N1 running 2.2.1)

Swype doesn't work anymore; I have to reinstall it.
  13. Soupdragon

That's happened every time for me.
  14. Harmonyss

Harmonyss New Member

Yup, it's happening with my N1, WiFi can not be catch .I think the security update affects the WiFi holding software with some new routers. I don't know wt 2 do? Please if any one has any clue? thx.
  15. theartfullodger

theartfullodger Well-Known Member

Weird - and you & me both on 3 in UK... Dunno why we are different...

If relevant I recently had mine fixed (touchscreen prob..) by HTC MK and returned to me ....
  16. razvan06

razvan06 Well-Known Member

why change the radio version along with touchscreen ? that's not the problem. if you remember ,the 2.2.1 FRG83D [for some] came along with a newer radio version ...tha's why some are different.
  17. Soupdragon

Oh, it's not a problem - just my idle curiosity.
    I wondered how Artful had ended up with the Korean radio version whilst mine remained on v.4.06 when we both ordered our phones within two weeks of each other (in the first month of the N1's "birth"), both ordered direct from Google and shipped from USA to UK, and both on same network (3UK) - I'd expect the radios to be the same :confused:.

Having said that, the Sept 2010 update arrived ota (wifi) whilst I was on hols in France *shrugs*
  18. razvan06

that is the EU version of the radio ,the Korean is 5.12.0..somethin' .

you can always update it if you have root :)
  19. Soupdragon

Oh no! You mean there are even more versions of the little buggers!! :eek: :D

Thanks, tho :)
  20. chimphappyhour

chimphappyhour Well-Known Member

Well, I know one bug fix that wasn't in this update. I still can't connect to my work wi-fi. :(
  21. Rusty

Rusty Well-Known Member

• 4.06 = Original US 2.2 radio
    • 5.08 = Original Korean/Euro radio (and also included in the unreleased US FRG33 passimg for some reason)
    • 5.12 = Korean FRG83 radio
  22. lunatic59

lunatic59 Moderati ergo sum Moderator

Second time i get the notification for the update to 2.2.2 ... second time i select reboot phone to install ... second time it fails to update.

Third time's the charm? Or should I be looking for something else?
  23. razvan06

why not try to manually update it ?? did it to my stock ROM 2 days ago and was fine ...backed it up ,and went for cyanogen again :)
  24. Eeyore

Eeyore Member

Has anybody else had the issue of their car home app causing the phone to reboot when placed into the car dock? I didn't have this problem until this update and now I have it nearly every time that I use the dock.
  25. jsarino

jsarino Member

I posted this separately, but I haven't gotten any responses on this...since the upgrade, have you encountered delays in your messages being delivered out? I didn't have this issue prior to the upgrade, but since then, I've had some messages in a "sending" status, but not deliver. Even more noticeable when I'm sending a message to multiple people.