OTA 2.2 Broke EasyTether?Support

Last Updated:

1. BillyGates

BillyGates Member This Topic's Starter

Wondering if anyone uses EasyTether and if the Froyo update broke it? When I plug in my USB to my laptop now after the update it wants to install a bunch of new drivers (I'm running WinXP)... not sure if I have to reinstall the the EasyTether drivers on my laptop or what. I just paid the big $10 bucks to register it last week too! :(

Any thoughts are appreciated!

Advertisement
  2. goldz28

goldz28 Well-Known Member

I have used pdanet on my droid with froyo, I am getting the update on my X now I'll let you know if it still works after the update.

3. Outlaw71

Outlaw71 Well-Known Member

Not only does it work, mine is running twice as fast as it did on eclair! But I'm running Window's 7... don't know if that makes a difference or not?

By the way, I downloaded the free PDAnet about 6 weeks ago and it said after 14 days I would lose the ability to connect to encripted sites... but it never has! I can still access every site I always have been able to, no matter if it was password protected or not. So at this point I'm wondering why I would need to buy the full version at all. Are there any other benefits to the full version anyone is aware of?

4. ericnail

ericnail Well-Known Member

I don't use easy tether, I always use a wifi tether or PDA Net, BUT, It seems that it isn't broken.

When you updated to Froyo, it changes the, what you might call ID's of the phone, so when plugging it in your computer might not recognize it. This also happens when swapping between modes (Mass Storage, PC Mode, Charge Only, etc.).

All the best,
    Eric

5. BillyGates

BillyGates Member This Topic's Starter