1. Twosted

Twosted Active Member This Topic's Starter

Advertisement
  2. Fixmy59bug

Fixmy59bug Active Member

Anythng not working on this version?

3. Twosted

Twosted Active Member This Topic's Starter

It is the stock update, but it has root access.

4. Jack Daniels

Jack Daniels Well-Known Member

now we need an fps fix and i'm good tell fresh makes a 2.2

5. DarkNeo

DarkNeo Well-Known Member

I want to install this rom but im rooted via unrevoked 3. I have to fully root right? and also it will wipe my phone correct? Can I use Mybackup to backup everything? I dont get why some people use nadroid over everything else, and yes im a noob : /

6. kmoon89

kmoon89 Well-Known Member

Nandroid saves your phone at its exact settings, so restoring it at that point will bring you to the exact spot when you backed it up. With MyBackup, you have to start all over, download the app, restore it, and sometimes it's not as reliable. I prefer Nandroid because it's just clicking a few buttons and it gets me exactly where I want, whereas MyBackup is great, but I usually have to re-download a few apps because it didn't restore properly.

7. mattpsx2

mattpsx2 Well-Known Member

installing it now... Curious to see if I'll get better battery life since Fresh and Cyanogen have been killing it.

*edit
    Seems similar, won't know too much about performance right now. I had to install the radio update to get my 4g back though.

8. cabbie

cabbie Well-Known Member

clarification here: a nandroid is a system restore to where you were when you made the backup. If you make a nandroid when you are running, lets say, fresh 1.0.1 or cyanogen, then flashing 2.2 (assuming it doesnt break NAND, im still waiting for confirmation)...then doing a nandroid restore to where you were before brings you back to pre-2.2 condition. Programs like MyBackup and Titanium are within-ROM backups that re-install programs and data, because for the most part when you flash a new ROM it requires a complete wipe and once you are booted up and running in the new ROM, you have to do all the re-installs within it.