• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root OTA 2.3.340 not working!! Help... :D

Xeneize480

Android Enthusiast
Oct 18, 2010
I have like 10 DX here at work all from different co-workers. We are trying to do the update on 1 of them and downloads fine then we select install goes into boot and looks like updating and then a Triange with ! point comes up and goes back to reboot and says update fails. :eek:

What should we do??

I am also having trouble. I did not do anything with bloatware. However, I did modify some build properties in Droid Overclock. I read that there was a 2.2 build.prop from ROM Manager that would get back to original build.prop. Tried to install again and no luck. Reboots, picture of a box with an arrow coming out of it, screen goes black, sticks on M logo. I have tried both the update.zip and the pushed ota. Neither work. I don't know if I need to sbf and have never done it before.

Any suggestions?

Sincerely,

Up-dateless

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones