OTA 4.0.4 update. (caution s-off/root user. Ringtone issue)Support

1. PattiCakeUS

PattiCakeUS Well-Known Member

I don't use the stock messaging app, I use Handcent - and I haven't seen this behavior.
    dustwun77 likes this.
  2. ohfroggit

ohfroggit Member

I downloaded the system update today and my phone is practically unusable now. After 2-3 minutes of doing ANYTHING on my phone (internet, browsing through the play store, 30 seconds of trying to read a book in my kindle app, etc) my phone reboots itself. NOT COOL. Only way to go back to the previous version a factory reset?
  3. Rxpert83

Rxpert83 Dr. Feelgood Moderator

Factory reset wont get you back to the previous version, but itll probably fix your issues
    ocnbrze likes this.
  4. 3vodroid

3vodroid Well-Known Member

X2 RX, Ive learned that with updates some things stick,others not so much. Did your evo act at all like this before the update? If not then most likely a factory reset should do the trick!
    ocnbrze likes this.
  5. dpullen

dpullen Member

Regarding slow messaging app, I have this issue as well. I tried clearing out a bunch of old messages, but that didn't clear it up.
  6. toddpedersen

toddpedersen Well-Known Member

Anyone else notice that the Native Stock Widget and Stock program are now missing after this latest update?

EDIT: Disregard. It helps to not disable the application in Manage Apps. Problem solved.

7. PyroSporker

PyroSporker Well-Known Member

Sorry, I'm not updated so I cannot weigh in on if it is for sure missing or not, but you could try and see if the program is still there and just not being utilized by the system or 'hidden' from view?
  8. CyreneK

CyreneK Well-Known Member

I still have it.
  9. dpullen

dpullen Member

I have been using Handcent for the past 2 days. It seems to have the same problems with slow messages. I'm beginning to think this problem is more fundamental...
  10. AHWagner

AHWagner Well-Known Member

It's really annoying to have to wait to read text messages, and to have to wait to send messages. Everything used to be very quick and snappy.
  11. pj_knicks

pj_knicks Member

Can somebody confirm if the quick setting feature is working with this new update.
  12. J03

J03 Well-Known Member

Is it normal to not get a notification for a system update until almost 2 weeks after?

I don't come on here often much anymore but when I noticed a 'system update' notification at the top, I signed on expecting to see a new thread today. Instead I find a thread from August 28th... wth?
  13. After I updated, I get a random text message from 8737 that has a bunch of crap letters (about 4 lines of it). Am I just supper lucky that I get these at 2AM or does anyone else get these? Any idea how to make them stop?
  14. PattiCakeUS

PattiCakeUS Well-Known Member

That's so weird, I was having delays before the update, but after the update my delays are gone.
  15. NeoteriX

NeoteriX Well-Known Member

That may not be "update" related; it sounds like your number is on someone's spam mailer.
    PattiCakeUS and 3vodroid like this.
  16. toddpedersen

If you use Handsent or GoSMS you can black list those texts and they won't bother you anymore. The stock messaging app does not have a blacklist option.

PattiCakeUS likes this.
  17. toddpedersen

System updates get rolled out slowly, so coming on here periodically will get you the knowledge of a new update sooner than later, which will then allow you to manually do a check for the system update so you get it earlier than you did.

18. Rxpert83

Yes as mentioned above update roll outs can take 6 weeks or more to reach everyone. Its a random selection process
  19. Twistax

Twistax Well-Known Member

Mount as Disk Drive via cable broken now?

anyone else?
  20. Rxpert83

Can you still do the media mount? That probably the more important of the two
  21. Tigger 1

Tigger 1 Well-Known Member

For some reason my custom ringtones aren't working anymore. I've tried rebooting but all incoming calls are still the default tone.
  22. marctronixx

marctronixx Moderator Moderator

Been reported and HTC is aware....
    PattiCakeUS and EarlyMon like this.
  23. EarlyMon

EarlyMon The PearlyMon Moderator

See if Rings Extended helps. Free in the Store.
  24. dgrobe2112

dgrobe2112 Well-Known Member Contributor

just updated my phone.. got the same text.. only once.. so.. we will see..
    Rxpert83 likes this.
  25. Tigger 1

Tigger 1 Well-Known Member

Anyone have any idea when they will get around to fixing all the bugs they created with the last update? I'm starting to wish I'd kept my old phone this is ridicules to have the flagship phone with all these problems.