OTA Acer OEM Jelly Bean update (4.0.3)General

Last Updated:

1. MatthewDaharsh

MatthewDaharsh New Member

fyi- Just received the OTA Acer OEM Jelly Bean 4.0.3 update for my iconia A100. Updated from Honeycomb 3.2.1 in 5 separate updates. Runs very smooth & stable. Please delete this post if there's already a thread for it. Thanks.

Advertisement
  2. mrpnut

mrpnut THE WORLD IS YOURS VIP Member

Well 4.0.3 is ice cream sandwich and jellybean is 4.1.1 so the update you got is ics, the only way to get jellybean is if you flash the jellybean custom rom and for that you need to be rooted and have unlock bootloader. :)
    MatthewDaharsh likes this.
  3. MatthewDaharsh

MatthewDaharsh New Member

my bad. thanks for the info. wow can't believe I've had this for a year and it just now updated to ics.
  4. mrpnut

Root your device theres already cm9 and jellybean for this device also twrp recovery, try it out :)
    MatthewDaharsh likes this.
  5. Droidxxxxx

Droidxxxxx Well-Known Member

Yes..but does everything work like the camera and video? I need a rock solid working tablet..will they ever put out an official jb update that's got all features working?
  6. mrpnut

Well I'm running cm10 already and everything is working good camera,video and Google now.
  7. mamawm

mamawm Well-Known Member

There will be no jb update coming from Acer, so you will have to root and install a jb ROM to get it.