OTA before 2.2?

Last Updated:

1. dave31175

dave31175 Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Sorry if this has been answered -- tried a search, but didn't see anything. My SO's phone has original unrooted stock ROM, no OTA. When accessing updates, the only update offered is the 1.47... OTA. Does this update need to be applied before the 2.2 update will be offered? Tx

Advertisement
  2. PyroSporker

PyroSporker Well-Known Member

I've been wondering this too, as well as a few others on here. Problem is that there has been no good answer offered. I guess all we can really do is wait until the file is up for others and see if it comes up for us without mentioning 1.47... first.

3. dave31175

Tx, I'll just try to keep an eye on things then.

4. damewolf13

damewolf13 live~laugh~love VIP Member

I am just curious, but if the phone is unrooted stock rom, why not update to the 1.47?

5. dave31175

I think he's still leery about the whole bricking aspect.

6. damewolf13

damewolf13 live~laugh~love VIP Member

I totally understand. The first update bricked my phone, but I got a replacement and downloaded the revised update, which is the only one available now, and it goes very smoothly. As long as he doesn't interrupt it in the download/install process, no worries.:)

7. dave31175

Perhaps I'll go ahead and encourage him to do the update. Thanks!

8. PyroSporker

Sorta but not really worried about the bricking, since they fixed that already with an updated update. It was a rather pointless update in my opinion. The only thing it really fixed that was substantial was the touch screen "grounding issue" that has not been an issue for me on either of my 2 Evo's. My whole philosophy is don't muddy the waters.

I got a replacement Evo 7/6 and decided to stick it out until Froyo came. I have not installed a single app on it since then or done any update because I am hoping I can get a SUPER clean Froyo update that will not have any prior issues or potential issues. I have not even synced my gmail account, contacts, or anything. It is about as bone stock as you can get it. It has been running amazingly well, and my battery has been stupendous.

When Froyo is available I will do a factory reset then install it, and I should have a perfect Froyo set up to build upon. Then I can install all my apps to SD hopefully and not bog up the internal memory and have it be running in top form. I may even root after that to get rid of the Sprint loaded software.

9. GaryColeman

GaryColeman Well-Known Member

Could be

10. PyroSporker

Yes I am aware. I will probably not be installing them unless they are Froyo ready.

11. GaryColeman

GaryColeman Well-Known Member

You have excellent patience. I wish I had any.

12. Shawnz

Shawnz Well-Known Member

I beleive the update is required before 2.2.

some of the people trying to install it manually have failures until they did the 1.47 OTA.

13. PyroSporker

Just wanted to follow up on these threads for the original posters. I HAD to install the 1.47... upgrade before OS 2.2. It was programmed in to be a requirement. I did them back to back with a factory reset in between (Back up your data!) and everything came out perfect in the end. Official Froyo is working like a charm.