General OTA Download

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by Shakes The AssClown, May 29, 2010.

1. Shakes The AssClown

Shakes The AssClown Active Member

Mar 23, 2010
    When can we expect to the see the official OTA manual download? Just wondering.

Advertisement
  2. alprazolam

alprazolam Well-Known Member

Dec 31, 2009
    I don't think that any one person can say, with assurance, when or if there will be a manual download. It is looking less likely as time goes by although leakv3 pretty much IS the manual download. Not sure why they won't host that.

3. Gevis

Gevis Well-Known Member

Dec 4, 2009
    Actually someone had already uploaded it somewhere on this board. However, if you're wondering because you're on a leak, you can't do it.

4. BlazeD OnE

May 19, 2010
    shaes the assclown. lol great name, but yea theres been manual out since after couple days of teh OTA being out, but still no leak love yet, sorry

5. alprazolam

alprazolam Well-Known Member

Dec 31, 2009
    Yes, that was a manual upgrade of the OTA, minus the boot loader that leakers will need to be able to upgrade.

I'm assuming that ass clown is asking about a posted download that allows for leakers to upgrade (that includes the leaked 1.49 boot loader version).

6. SirEagle

SirEagle Well-Known Member

Feb 21, 2010
    Akron, Ohio
    I believe he wants to know when Verizon will post it.

7. paleodust

paleodust Well-Known Member

Dec 19, 2009
    Male
    Finance
    Utah
    I'm not sure Verizon ever will. That was part of the risk taken by installing the leaks in the first place. They may see it as extra work (time and resources) for a relatively small number of people who willingly decided to break protocol and tamper with an unofficial release.

All you can do is hope they're willing to go the extra mile and patch you up. I hope they do!

On the bright side, many people believe 2.1 v. 3 is identical so it may not matter anyway.