OTA Failed + SBF not compatableSupport

Last Updated:

1. goldman22

goldman22 New Member This Topic's Starter

OTA owned me, it failed and RSDlite says the SBF is not compatable, does anyone have a clockwork recovery backup file for a clean 2.1?

Advertisement
  2. OMJ

OMJ Bazinga VIP Member

If you did the OTA and then tried the sbf then you are stuck right now. So far there is not a known solution for this.

3. ericnail

ericnail Well-Known Member

+1
    I can confirm this.

4. goldman22

But the update failed and i stayed on 2.1, am i still screwed if i SBF after it failed?

5. ericnail

ericnail Well-Known Member

"if you load your bootloader (Vol Dwn + Camera + Pwr) and it says "Bootloader 30.03" at the top, You may be in trouble."

6. ZXMustang

ZXMustang Well-Known Member

When you installed the RSD lite, did you use the 4.7 version with the extra file that comes with it that you have to copy and paste into the RSD directory to replace that old file? If not, thats your issue. RSD lite needs that extra step by you inorder to flash your phone. Make sure you are using RSD Lite 4.7 with that patch file. Then the 2.1 .sbf should work.

7. OMJ

OMJ Bazinga VIP Member

it really depends on how far the update got before it failed. If it failed right away im not sure what the problem is.

8. goldman22

So i got it to work, what happened was it updated partly and then failed, The bootloader was not updated but i think it was messed up a bit. What I had to do was force RSDlite to update even know it wasent compatable (changes some options arond). After this i got a blue triangle and i couldent get service so i did a Settings>Privacy>Factory Reset, This reset it correctly some how even know the flash messed up. From here i activated my phone agian and got the 2.2 update and everything is great now