OTA Froyo Update FreezesSupport

Last Updated:

1. Pak

Pak New Member This Topic's Starter

Everytime I try to install the OTA Froyo update, I get what appears to be an error on the screen. It's a triangle with an ! in the middle and a little android next to it. The installation never goes past 25% of the bar before I get this message. I tried hard resetting (clearing storage) and I still get this error.

Anyone know if this is normal or what I'm possibly doing wrong?

Advertisement
  2. Bomix

Bomix Well-Known Member

3. Pak

Pak New Member This Topic's Starter

Yes, I did unrevok3 my phone about 2-3 weeks ago. I thought that hard resetting would have taken care of it, but apparently not. I'll give it one more chance, then flash the stock rom and go from there. Thanks for the reply!

4. Daft Punk

Daft Punk Well-Known Member

Ok i had the same issue, I had to unroot and revert back to the 1.47 OTA in stock form.

from there you can reroot using any root method besides UNREVOKED to get 2.2 or just update 2.2 from the setting section.

5. tinop

tinop New Member

I was having the same issue last night. Tried 3 times and got the same thing. So I manually downloaded the update and changed the name of it to "update" and placed on the root of my sd card. Then I booted into recovery mode and installed update.zip from there and it worked. I now have 2.2 with no problems.

Hope this helps