• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help OTA Gingerbread update *Download link and instructions*

Tslide91

Android Enthusiast
Jul 9, 2010
Northeast u.s.
This is for those who have not gotten the over-the-air Gingerbread update for their MyTouch 4G.

First, download the file named PD15IMG.zip from this site and place it on the root of your SD card (meaning not in any folders, just dropped onto the SD card)

Then, turn your phone off. Do a battery pull, or turn off "fast boot."

Hold down the power button while holding down the "volume down" button.

This will boot into your bootloader, where you can select "Apply Update.zip"

Follow on-screen instructions, and enjoy the official Gingerbread on your MyTouch 4G.

DISCLAIMER: Even upon successful install, you WILL lose your settings, apps, and possibly contacts (depending on how you have them stored). I am not responsible for your device if this does not work for you. Also, neither is the original file host. This is not my file, or website. I have had no contact with the original host. I took a shot in the dark, said "screw it" and tried the update. I did successfully update using this file.

This file will update your MyTouch 4G (HTC Glacier) to:
Android Version: 2.3.4
HTC Sense Version: 2.1
Software Number: 2.19.531.1

Kernel Version: 2.6.35.10-g225de41
htc-kernel@and18-2 #1

Baseband Version: 12.58.60.25U_26.11.04.03_M

Build Number: 2.19.531.1 CL95282 release-keys

This worked great and didn't take much time at all. Thanks a lot for the link. Everything seems to be running smoothly except I can't send picture messages. I seem to recall having this problem when I first got the phone but I don't remember what the fix was. Any suggestions?

it could be the tmobile network or something because last night (when i was on 2.2.1) i sent a slideshow of about 5 pics to a friend whom i usually send pics too and they never frickin went, even today they still never left my phone. usually i dont have a problem. so it cant be the version of the android, it's frickin tmobile being a butthole. lol

ANYWAY, i just finally downloaded the file to my phone, used ASTRO FILE to find the file, moved it to /sdcard (the file was on the card but in "download" for those looking for it). i moved it to /sdcard as i just said, then followed the instructions and everything is running fine. it took awhile to load back up after it updated and tells you to reboot, so be patient.

i remember people saying that "image file not found" messages. it'll say this but read every line. the last one tells you it found it and is updating, so look close before you cuss it out and get paranoid and shiet. lol do what you're told and it does indeed work.

im now running android 2.3.4. THANK YOU A LOT (OP) !!

Upvote 0
just a note, but i actually didnt lose anything when i updated. maybe SOME apps, but not all, most were still on my phone and work, all my music, all my photos/videos and contacts are intact.
The things that are on your SD card (e.g. music, photos, videos, ebooks, etc.) are not affected by the update. Contacts should resynch from Google or T-Mobile. The only things I lost when I had the update done in a T-Mobile store were apps I had installed. I had a list of those, so reinstalling them was easy. Glad your update went well.

Reactions: seangworld
Upvote 0
You're welcome guys! I don't mind spending the time to do these little tutorials as long as people appreciate it ;)

If you really wanna thank me, just click that "thanks" button and that's enough for me!

Glad you guys are digging the update, I love it too. Better battery, smoother, all around better! Cheers.

Upvote 0
I got the link from another site and the instructions were not too clear. Now I am afraid to move on. I think I might have named the file wrong, I added .zip to the end of the file name. I turn on the phone while holding vol down. Now I have a white screen with options of fastboot, recovery, factory reset, simlock, image crc. Can someone help because I now cant see my phone on computer to fix file name.

Upvote 0
worked for me, thanks for posting this!

question: i used titanium/visionary/etc to temproot my phone before this OS upgrade. i understand there's no way to temproot without going through a downgrading process, and that's fine. the only thing is.. i made some app backups with titanium. does this mean i can't restore all my app data unless i wait for a root solution?

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones