1. In regards to recently combined carrier specific root forums, if your device forum was affected, please see this poll/thread!

OTA IMM76Q Rolling Out to VZW Gnex Soon?General

1. fatalysis

fatalysis Active Member

Droid Life

The OTA is only 945kb, so it looks like it might be a quick fix to resolve the infringement issue rather than rolling out JB to current VZW Gnex owners.

Advertisement
    jbdan likes this.
  2. Dubbin1

Dubbin1 Well-Known Member

Take a good look at the phone, its a test phone... I'm betting someone posted something they weren't supposed to and its not rolling out yet.
  3. jbdan

jbdan Well-Known Member

One cannot say "quick fix" and "Verizon" in the same paragraph, or for that matter the same quarter! :laugh:
  4. fatalysis

fatalysis Active Member

lol, true. So if this is being tested right now, I guess we can expect the OTA before year-end...if we're lucky.

I'd be a little disappointed if the OTA is only to nerf the search function though. If JB is also supposed to resolve this, why can't we have JB with this upcoming OTA instead of the next one?
  5. jamor

jamor Well-Known Member

Maybe because of this?

Google Beats Galaxy Nexus Ban By Making It Worse

"Google will be sending an over-the-air update to Ice Cream Sandwich so that the courts will allow the Galaxy Nexus to be sold in the US. The update will change the built-in search in the latest iteration of Android so that it will return only results from the web. Previously, you could search the contents of your phone as well. Basically, since Apple has successfully convinced a judge that Google maybe copied its method for searching your phone, Google will have to make its product worse while appealing the decision".

Another reason to root. With a custom ROM you don't have to deal with unwanted updates because Apple is suing Google.

Basically the update cripples your search..
  6. Dubbin1

Dubbin1 Well-Known Member

Not a big deal... I bet 99.9% of the people the this phone doesn't even use it for an on device search.
    brinky likes this.
  7. Petrah

Petrah Psychotic Female Guide

Aye, they'll test it first, and if there's no issues then they'll roll it out live. I would imagine this is going to happen a lot faster than VZW customers would think, since this is a legal lawsuit and they'll want to continue making profits off the VZW Gnex. The longer they wait, the more money they lose.
  8. William T Riker

William T Riker Well-Known Member

Here's the file guys apparently there is a kernel patch as well as system files updated

http://android.clients.google.com/p....signed-mysid-IMM76Q-from-IMM76K.b91e5f74.zip

Just so you know it was easy to tell this wasnt jellybean, all ICS roms start with "I" (IMM76, IML etc), 4.1 starts with "J", the current leak is JRN84D.
  9. FramCire

FramCire Well-Known Member

10. William T Riker

William T Riker Well-Known Member

speculation is its just the search nerf

flash it if you dont want to wait for OTA, it is for stock bootloader. I am on jellybean, Im not going back