OTA Info for those with BH_MAN's BH2 Stock

Last Updated:

1. spiz

spiz Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

I know there are some posts regarding this scattered amongst multiple threads in here, but I thought I'd make a place for some good info from members.

I myself am curious as to how this will work, so that is partly why I'm starting the thread.

Some useful information I'm looking for is the following:

1. For those of us running BH_MAN's BH2 Stock ROM, will we need to worry about this upcoming OTA update/fix? One post I read mentioned that since it's still technically a BH2, we can still get the update. Is this true?

2. Assuming we can get the update without using Odin to get back to original (terrible) state, how will it affect us with the addition of new bloatware included in this OTA update? Will it restore old bloatware such as Diner Dash and TeleNav?

Hopefully these questions can be answered and hopefully others have good questions regarding OTA updates for the future while using custom ROMS.

Thanks!

Advertisement
  2. paul89

paul89 Well-Known Member

we will see the update pop up, on the custom rom, but it will not be a good idea to install over it. Instead flash back and then install it. For the time being its nice to be on a faster rom that will still allow you to see when you get the update! :D

3. BH_MAN

BH_MAN Well-Known Member

If anyone Has the Update.zip, Can you Please Post it before updating your Phone?

I would like to see what I can do with it in Hex & Tear it apart and see if I can find the Key's for it as well..

Thanks,
    ~BH_MAN

4. spiz

Personally I'd rather have this ROM running than flash back to stock and get the update. Is there any benefit to flashing back and installing the update or should I just continue waiting for a 2.x OS update?

BH_MAN, what are the odds of being able to make Google Nav work with one of your roms?

5. BH_MAN

BH_MAN Well-Known Member

Google Nav will never work on 1.5... 1.6 and up only.

6. paul89

paul89 Well-Known Member

If and when I get the update I will be sure to do that!

@Spiz, yes its worth it, it improves battery life, and many other bug fixes!

7. dan0zone

dan0zone Well-Known Member

There's a code used to dump the update before it installs, I just can't remember it , we need this so the next person that gets the update can dump n post here ..., what about the firmware sites like where they get the galaxy updated ODIN files , should have one for the t939 by now ...

8. shawn1224

shawn1224 Ex CEO-DNPSEA foundation VIP Member

I have 1.6 and and haven't seen google nav yet

9. BH_MAN

BH_MAN Well-Known Member

There's a Hack for it. I have it on ( Had ) the mt3g before frying it with a radio edit.

10. Ohgami

Ohgami Well-Known Member

You have to Download the latest Google maps and one of the voice add ons from the market. I did this for my Wife's G1.

11. spiz

So you're going to do the update, and then go back to the rom? Or does rooting get rid of the update? I guess I'm under the impression that you can only have one or the other.

12. BH_MAN

BH_MAN Well-Known Member

awe yes.. I had forgotten they released it via market... We originally used the sholes maps with edit's to the build.prop to make it work.

You will need voice-visualization ( I think that's the Name ).. To make the Voice work with the Nav.

Please correct me if wrong, just trying to help.