Ota leak for 2.1v3 users (suggestion)General

Last Updated:

1. akillys

akillys Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

So I am currently running the v3 leak however I'm holding out on the ota because I want to root.I do have a thought on how v3 users could install the leak. After you download the file and rename it update, transfer the file on to your sd card via mount.after this is done unmount the phone. Go to menu select phone info then click on check for update. If this does not work try using oi file manager to install it. I would try it myself but as I said before I'm waiting on the possible exploit.

Advertisement
  2. alprazolam

alprazolam Well-Known Member

OK..I'll humor the idea.

3. Tooleman694

Tooleman694 Well-Known Member

OTA can do root already..

4. alprazolam

Nope...neither worked. Thanks for trying though. By the way, I can tell you that you can go ahead and upgrade to OTA because root is only going to happen when the bootloader that we are using is exploited. The bootloader version does not change. The confirmation of this is that those who upgrade to OTA from 1.5 CAN root. Their bootloader version stayed the same.

Edit: I'll retract absolutes because a developer can come in here and likely say that I'm wrong. I only go off of info that I have gathered from other people's work that I know about.

5. alprazolam

Only if you upgraded from 1.5. Not for those of us who used a leaked version of 2.1.

6. John58543

John58543 Well-Known Member

Man I should have never flashed that stupid leak....arggghhhh