• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

(OTA) Multitouch now official on N1 in Browser, Gallery, Maps

this is exactly the reason why carrier-less handsets are the wave of the future... no carrier to get in the way of slowing down or preventing an OS update.... how often have carriers been either slow or reluctant to release updates... vzw, t-mo, at&t.... they're all guilty at one point or another on a multitude of devices... only apple, and now google appear to be doing it right... updates when they are needed and ready... not when some bean counter at a carrier decides so....
You got that right! I had to wait a FULL YEAR before my Blackberry 9000 got it's FIRST OS update!

AT&T farted around like nothing I've ever seen before so this update coming from Google after only a month is huge for me.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones