OTA Nag

Last Updated:

1. joebarsh

joebarsh Member This Topic's Starter

Not sure if this has been asked but is there anyway to stop updates after you have been rooted. I keep getting Nagged to update.

Advertisement
  2. yojoe600

yojoe600 Well-Known Member

i never get these?

3. ArmlessRifleman

ArmlessRifleman Well-Known Member

Did you install Clockwork Recovery? Installing a modified recovery usually will stop you from getting OTA updates.

4. Humpa

Humpa Well-Known Member

There hasn't been an Inc OTA yet. Are you referring to the normal update notification that takes you to the download section of the Market?

5. elborak

elborak Well-Known Member

Yes there has. One a few months back, and a recent one which is still only being deployed to a few testers.

6. Humpa

Humpa Well-Known Member

I don't recall the one a few months back (which is also when it came out). What was that build number, or what number changed?

There was one recently that some reported to have receiving, but I never saw where that was actually confirmed.

So I still think he's talking about Market updates, since no one else is seeing any OTA's.

7. joebarsh

No I am talking real updates. There are a few test updates going out that I know will break root so I hope that eventually someone figured out how to stop them because after every call I get nagged.

8. elborak

HTC Incredible OTA Update Mysteriously Arrives! | Android Phone Fans

Depends on your standard for "confirmed". Multiple people have reported getting it (though only a couple) and some folks claim to have gotten confirmation that it's in the pipeline from VZW support.

9. Humpa

Humpa Well-Known Member

Could you pull down the notification bar and tell us exactly what the "nag" says? And click on it, and what does that screen say?

10. Humpa

Humpa Well-Known Member

Yeah, I remember reading that. And some other posts where a couple people, seemingly reliable, reported somthing as well. But that was May 1st and nothing ever came of that (no OTA ever came, and no info aside from speculation and whatnot).

So if joebash has an update, I'm curious as to what it is, and skeptical that it is an OTA.

11. crimton

crimton Well-Known Member

yojoe600 likes this.
  12. joebarsh

There are web pages that already speak to it. Here is one. Droid Incredible OTA update boasts 720p recording, mobile hotspot Those are the main features with a few fixes

13. Humpa

Humpa Well-Known Member

Yes, but you are saying that you have these notices on your phone. If that is true, you need to take pics and make a post ... or am I missing something?

As far as I know, no one else has seen this OTA that is popping up on your phone. You should let people know.

14. elborak

Why do you keep insisting that no OTA occurred? It did. I got it. My daughter got it. Everyone who got the phone on launch got it. If you still want to believe it never happened, be my guest. Call me a liar. I give up.

windycity likes this.
  15. yojoe600

yojoe600 Well-Known Member

yea i got the first OTA but never got a nag since i installed it... and rooted after

16. Yaksha

Yaksha Well-Known Member

The May OTA was a fix for Exchange where hitting "Reply All" put random people in the "CC" part.

17. joebarsh

You know I have seen a few people that want to put their head in the sand and believe that there is no OTA. Why the hell would I even say it was happening if it was not? Oh I know...I got something you don't. Let's get back to the original question. Is there a way to stop the OTA NAG NO MATTER IF THERE IS CURRENTLY AN OTA OR NOT. Is that better. Now it does not matter if you believe me or not.

18. Humpa

Humpa Well-Known Member

I was asking about the OTA you were talking about, so you gave me links to an unconfirmed rumor from May 1st.

Sorry for not knowing there was an OTA.

I've had the Inc since launch day and I never got an update.

I never called anyone a liar. I was just trying to help, so I was trying to get more info about the message that joebash is trying to get rid of. But then it started to seem shady because joebash wouldn't answer my questions.

Sorry again. I won't try to help anyone here at androidforums anymore. My bad.

... unsubscribed.

19. crimton

crimton Well-Known Member

just for the record i got that first update like within the first week or whenever it was. good thing your not overly sensitive though right?

20. elborak

No, I gave you a link to the update from early May that everybody saw. No rumor, no speculation, a simple OTA. You chose to respond with an unequivocal (and uninformed) "no OTA every came".

If thats the kind of help you offer, I don't think your absence will be greatly felt.
    :rolleyes: