OTA screwed up Rooted DINC?! Force-closing everywher...

Last Updated:

1. kitvan

kitvan Member This Topic's Starter

Hey all, need to ask a little help.

I'm rooted, s-off running stock 2.2 with Launcher Pro... or at least I was. After (another) recent prompt to download and install the latest OTA, I finally pressed "Reboot and Install". This temporarily freed me of the prompts.

Then, over the next couple days I began experiencing random reboots. Today, I got another prompt to "Reboot and Install" so I pressed it again. Now every time I reboot my phone (or it reboots itself) all my apps start force-closing (including Launcher Pro, so it defaults back to Sense)

I was thinking I should use Doug's How to get back to complete stock from s-off and 2.2 to get S-ON again? Then I could install the update again (or for the first time)?

Note: I have a current Nandroid backup made, as well as an Apps backup made in TitaniumBackup.
    Should I wipe and restore? (which I've never done before :no2:)

thanks for any help

UPDATE: Phone is shutting down CONSTANTLY. I've tried pulling the battery, didn't help.

Advertisement
  2. turbozombie

turbozombie Well-Known Member

I unrooted before installing the Nov update. I think there's some convoluted way to do it while rooted, but I saw the instructions and no thanks. You might be able to fix your phone by running unrevoked's S-ON tool, then applying the 2.2 RUU. It will wipe your phone.

3. sdrawkcab25

sdrawkcab25 Well-Known Member

just do a wipe and install this rom:
    Virtuous ROM: Other Releases

It is 100% stock with the newest update built in, you'll maintain your root and not have to go through and ass backwards process.

iowabowtech and howarmat like this.
  4. kitvan

kitvan Member This Topic's Starter

Thanks, I've already turned S-ON. I was thinking of flashing the 2.2 RUU today...

That's interesting...so I'll maintain my root access even though I have S-ON now?

5. sdrawkcab25

sdrawkcab25 Well-Known Member

yes, you will keep root.