• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

OTA Software update

Recycling power? What is that? I've noticed I can turn my Atrix off at 50% and turn it back on without charging and the battery is now at 70%!

I don't mind the way it only tells you battery level in 10% steps.
Lol, I meant to say power cycling not recycling power.

Yes, that's exactly what I meant. I just noticed that even though it went up 20% initially it came back to where it should be quickly.

Upvote 0
I was in the SOAK test for this update and Im having a problem since my update that Im wondering if anyone else is getting.

My sounds just stop working! Sometime during the day my sounds decide to just shut off and the phone just vibrates any notification. The problem is, the phone is still in sound ON mode. The sounds only come back on when I reboot the phone but that only lasts a couple hours again.

Anyone else experiencing this?

Upvote 0
Has any one recieved a software update for the motorola atrix 4g?
If you have what has been update or change?

I heard the motorola atrix is getting an update starting today.

I ran the update on 2/17 and the only thing I have noticed is that it has slowed my web experience to a crawl. The app store is very slow to respond, and WiFi does not seem improve much on performance. It has also broken the link with my work email, if I am lucky I can get it to sync up once a day now.

Any one know how to roll back from an update, this is one I wish I had not installed.

Upvote 0
I updated last week and have noticed a huge decline in battery performance. I never had to charge the phone throughout the day, now I am have to charge around 6pm just to make it through the evening.... So far, this update has sucked.
That's interesting, I have noticed a slight improvement in battery life after the upgrade. That is probably about the only change for me.

Upvote 0
Huh. Did the update and it now doesnt correct my words when I am typing anymore. Before if I was 1 letter off I could just hit space bar and it would correct it. Not anymore. It still lists the words close to it and i can tap on them, but it wont just fix it.

Annoying. It doesnt even capitalize i when you're using it alone even anymore. Blah.

Upvote 0
Seeing a lot of issues with the update. Glad I didn't bother.

Upgraded last week, no issues here.

Huh. Did the update and it now doesnt correct my words when I am typing anymore. Before if I was 1 letter off I could just hit space bar and it would correct it. Not anymore. It still lists the words close to it and i can tap on them, but it wont just fix it.

Annoying. It doesnt even capitalize i when you're using it alone even anymore. Blah.

Did you go into the keyboard settings and verify that those options are chosen?

Upvote 0
I updated last week and have noticed a huge decline in battery performance. I never had to charge the phone throughout the day, now I am have to charge around 6pm just to make it through the evening.... So far, this update has sucked.

Update:

I added a "juice defender" style profile with tasker and my battery is lasting MUCH LONGER. I assume that some app was constantly churning data and killing my battery, just haven't found which one yet. I still find it odd that this only started happening after the update.

Upvote 0
Applied the update last week to my stock Atrix. Nothing in the UI seems to have changed. No notifiable problems or issues, other than having to to reconnect BlueTooth in my car, which one tap solved. Also, I used the laptop dock a little this weekend. FireFox wanted to add several language add-ons. The webtop might be more stable than before, and it certainly needed to be.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones