OTA System Software Update Available

Last Updated:

1. Jamesey162

Jamesey162 Member This Topic's Starter

Hey, I'm literally just hours ago finished rooting my phone and just there now a system software update has appeared for my Wildfire, System upgrade 1.37.405.1 (17.09Mb)

Is this just because i rooted the phone or is there a new OTA update available? If i accept the update will it break the root permanently?

Also my phone is unbranded and completely unlocked so i get my updates directly from HTC so people who get their updates from carriers may not have this update yet.

Any input is appreciated! :)

Advertisement
  2. Lagro

Lagro Member

I'm on Vodafone network and the update is available for my htc wildfire.

But some people with debranded htc wildfire said that they have lost their wifi capabilities. FOTA Update to 1.37.405.1 - Android Forums

Jamesey162 likes this.
  3. Jamesey162

Jamesey162 Member This Topic's Starter

Awell; i was hoping it was the official 2.2 Froyo but its not. :(

Thanks Lagro

4. phil8715

phil8715 Member

I rooted my Wildfire on Friday night and the custom rom I installed already had 1.37 as standard.

5. LogicXLz'

LogicXLz' Member

Also rooted my phone and received the update message... However it didn't want to install it... I got the yellow triangle and a message "...cannot read the whole file name..." something... I've searched the forums and got the suggestion to rename downloaded file to "update.zip" and to copy it to the root of the SD card, then install it from Recovery (let me know, if you don't know how to, or search the forums...).
    It did the trick... ATTENTION!! It UNROOTED my phone, so I had to Unrevo3-it again... So far everything works fine...