OTA Update: 1.32.651.6

Last Updated:

1. CaptJager

CaptJager Well-Known Member

Do not update!!!! More to come

2. pingpongboss

pingpongboss Well-Known Member

Sounds like you know something we don't. Do share!

Edit: https://twitter.com/unrevoked
  3. Android 17

Android 17 Well-Known Member

I knew it!

Thanks for the update.
  4. zombdroid

zombdroid Well-Known Member

I wonder if this is the SD card fix, just got it 1 minute ago.
  5. Bek

Bek Well-Known Member

Apparently so, yes. Already being discussed in several other threads.

DO NOT INSTALL IT if you intend to root.
  6. zombdroid

zombdroid Well-Known Member

This update stops the ability to root? Too late, update installed.
  7. marctronixx

marctronixx Moderator Moderator

it has not been confirmed if it does or not. the guys who are the root devs have not made an official announcement.. only to hold off as they check it. report the facts...
  8. GoldenStatePanda

GoldenStatePanda Well-Known Member

hmm, possibly root later or be able to use the sd card...:confused:
  9. Bek

Bek Well-Known Member

For the curious, I just applied the update myself. Am going on vacation for a week tomorrow, so I'll root when I return.

Took maybe 5-7 minutes to complete. The Evo rebooted several times during the process. My SD card mounted without issue afterwards. I'm hoping this solves the issue, and if so, major kudos to HTC for fixing it by launch day!
    twospirits, rzenger and marctronixx like this.
  10. marctronixx

marctronixx Moderator Moderator

Bek, appreciate you sir for posting that.
  11. Bek

Bek Well-Known Member

Well I've been on top of the SD Card issue since it first broke... may as well see it full circle. That, and I intended to use my Evo to snap photos while on vacation, so this bloody well better work!!! :p
    marctronixx likes this.
  12. dzar

dzar Well-Known Member

After the upgrade, here's what you get:

13. pingpongboss

pingpongboss Well-Known Member

Lots of people reporting that even after applying the OTA update, they can still use Toast's root method
  14. KiLo11

KiLo11 Well-Known Member

i will wait till word from unrevoked or toast
  15. GiftedPlacebo

GiftedPlacebo Well-Known Member

Yep, its the SD card fix. The Sprint rep tried to do it for me at the store but it wouldn't download. He told me to try again later, which I did, and installed no problem.
  16. GaryColeman

GaryColeman Well-Known Member

From Wired article in comment section ("this issue" he refers to is the SD card problems per the article):

"An over-the-air software fix is now available (June 4) that addresses this issue. When customers activate the EVO today, they will be asked to complete the software update which will resolve the issue. You can install the update manually by going to "Settings > System Updates > HTC software update" on the EVO, then following the instructions as prompted."

Sean Doherty
    Sprint Corporate Communications
    Bek likes this.
  17. sloanthebone

sloanthebone Member

I did this update this morning and when my phone rebooted it just rebooted over and over again. Removing the battery would shut off the phone however when I put it back in and turned the phone on again it would still reboot over and over again. I had to follow the procedure below to fix it, which was pretty much a hard reset. My wife had no issues doing the update. Just wanted to share.

How to hard reset the HTC EVO 4G

We show you how to factory reset the HTC EVO 4G to clear all data and restore its original settings

The HTC EVO 4G is highly customizable and you have been hard at work tweaking it to your liking, but now the fun is over and you want to return it to its factory settings again. Here, we show you how to hard reset the HTC EVO 4G with step by step instructions.

Please note that all data will be deleted from the HTC EVO 4G as a result of this procedure. This process does NOT delete data stored on the microSD card. We recommend backing up all of your personal data before proceeding.

Turn the power off.

If your HTC EVO 4G is frozen, pull the battery out and reinsert it

Hold the Volume Down button

Press and release the Power button

You are now presented with a menu that allows for Fastbook, Recovery, Clear Storage, and Simlock

Select Clear Storage by pressing the Volume Down button

Press and release the Power button

Now simply confirm your decision: Volume Up for YES and Volume Down for NO

If you selected YES, all data including third-party applications will be deleted from the HTC EVO 4G. Once the wipe is complete, the phone will reboot to its factory fresh state.
  18. robtmathias

robtmathias Member

Will this allow for a rooting even after an update? And a bigger question: This is my first android device, what is "rooting"? What does it involve, and what function does it serve?
  19. twospirits

twospirits AF's janitor Moderator

Go to this sub-forum.

20. autorail1

autorail1 Well-Known Member

I was just asked at 10:57 pm EST to do a system update. Any one else get this yet?
  21. leastbay

leastbay Well-Known Member

did you update the phone earlier? is this your 2nd one?
  22. gabbott

gabbott Well-Known Member

I got prompted for the update about an hour after activating my phone this morning. Is this the first time you are updating?
  23. autorail1

No I have just been prompted now for the first time. I had the phone activated at 630 pm

24. Drugs Delaney

Drugs Delaney Active Member

I was prompted to update within the hour after activating and I did so.
  25. autorail1

ok here is the update info: 1.32.651.6 (13.14mb)