• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.
Did anyone else get an OTA update yesterday (2/7)? I was surprised to see the message that it was ready to install, so I went ahead thinking that maybe I was getting Lollipop :) At the very least, I thought I'd get 4.4.4 (currently on 4.4.2), but I don't see any difference at all.

Does anyone know what got updated? I'll admit that I didn't pay attention to anything but the version of Android, so I don't know what's new.

Thanks!

Did anyone else get an OTA update yesterday (2/7)? I was surprised to see the message that it was ready to install, so I went ahead thinking that maybe I was getting Lollipop :) At the very least, I thought I'd get 4.4.4 (currently on 4.4.2), but I don't see any difference at all.

Does anyone know what got updated? I'll admit that I didn't pay attention to anything but the version of Android, so I don't know what's new.

Thanks!

Depends, what version of the S3 do you have? Last update I got was in December and it said it was to fix random cases of screen waking, meaning it probably turned the device on and off by accident, but the version number is still 4.4.2...

http://www.sammobile.com/2015/02/09...laxy-s-iii-galaxy-grand-2-galaxy-s5-and-more/

I found this though^ Check to see what your version number says :)

Upvote 0
The biggest change i can see is more pages are opening like a mobile page rather than the actual web page even though I have it set up to desktop view . Even Google sometimes will come up as error unless you swith it to mobile viewing. Could not get Disney to open as desktop view no matter what I tried. Switching to firefox or dolphin. Still at 4.4.2

Upvote 0
I have the US version. Screenshot1.jpg Screenshot2.jpg

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones