Ota update - battery meter - not fixedSupport

Last Updated:

1. vaio

vaio Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

First, don't flame me if you dont like this post or think there tons of them already. I look at this forum everyday and usually its the same posts and it's starting to get boring. So newbies post on, give me something to read!

Anyways, if your battery goes from 100% to 90% in less than 5-15 minutes, here's why.

First of all when your phone shows its fully charged, it really is NOT (UNLESS you charged it over night). In that case you will notice that from 100 to 90 stays a long while in between.

But if you charge it during the day and your phone has say 50-70% or whatever and you charge till phone shows is 100%. Your phone has NOT really charged to 100%, trust me!

To test, do this. Charge your phone when its down to 90%. Now plug it up, you will see the "lighting" icon showing charging. If your phone stops showing the icon the phone says it FULL to 100%. Most people will unplug and start using the phone. And they will see the phone go from 100 to 90 in no TIME.

But if you leave it plugged even if the phone shows fully charged for 1/2 to an hour you will get more battery life from 100 to 90!

So battery meter still not working properly. Come on Motorola, use your phones so you can notice these things. Stop using iphones for your personal use!

Here's the good things the OTA update did fix/improve.
    This is at least the case with MY phone.

- X no longer gets hot while streaming video while on 3G. This was huge for me as the phone got very hot, but only on 3G, not wifi. FIXED

- When my phone was down to 30-40% in battery life. I would restart the phone and the battery would show 70% and stay there for a long while! For ME this is no longer the case. If its shows 30% and I restart the phone it will still show 30% after boot. FIXED.

Of course there are other benefits from the update, but this post if just for the battery meter not being accurate.

Advertisement
    jroc likes this.
  2. jroc

jroc Well-Known Member

For my Droid, I got the 2800 Seidio battery. Everyone that got the 2600 and 2800 battery had to use a battery widget to see the mV to know when the battery was fully charged and when it was getting ready to die, cuz the Droid couldnt read a battery that size good. Battery Left shows the mV. I think fully charged was 4100-4200 mV.

I hope this aint the case when the 1900 battery comes out. And I hope at least some ppl are getting accurate readings.