• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root ota update dont even work..please help

mr.milo

Sep 21, 2010
Hi, i have been reading these forum guides for days now, trying all the guides. sadly always failing at the last steps..
Now i have read that rooting from 2.1 is easier than rooting from 1.5 cupcake..
But when i put the month forward to get the ota update, it first upgrades my firmware, then resets my phone , then i get a picture of a phone with a phone and a triangle with the exclamation mark.
I then press home and power and comes up with the android system recovery and says E:Failure at line 1
Arghhh!! please any helpful suggestions really welcome..

dont worry peeps, but i guess from all your replies, you are not that overly concerned:)

I got my phone rooted and custom rom ..Its great , i love it...
Now all i have to do is sort out why my sms sending keeps failing and then i will be a happy bunny.

Great site, shows reading and more reading...gets the problems solved..
:D

Upvote 0
I'm guessing the reason you didnt get a reply is because most of the old hands in the rooting forum have never received an OTA update cos theyve been rooted since before they appeared, so we dont have familiarity with solving those issues. :D

Was about to suggest you ask in the main forum for that reason, but good to see youve got it solved.

As for the SMS issue, I cant really help you as i've never had that problem myself - I would suggest checking your APN settings but that's all i got. Other than that post which ROM, SMS app and network youre using and someone might know.

Upvote 0
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones