• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help OTA Update Search Fails

louiepolo

Lurker
Apr 27, 2010
Hello all, I have a strange problem; I bought a Moto Cliq XT recently on Ebay, brand new and Unlocked. I use T-Mobile service anyways, so that wasn't important to me, this was just the auction I managed to win. Anyways, when I go to the "System Updates" button, I immediately get this error "The upgrade attempt has encountered an error due to failed log in". This has happened everytime I've tried for the 3 weeks I've had the phone. Any ideas what is causing this? I know there are updates available (currently have 1.31.31), and there is no prompt for login, so I don't know what the deal is. T-mobile live chat directed me to Motorola's website where there was some kind of update, but I don't think its the most recent one, and I would like to receive them OTA anyways. Overall, Tmo didn't seem to have a clue what was going on. Any help would be MUCH appreciated. :thinking:

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones